Respected Contributor

Re: We Got A New Stove Delivered This AM, from NJ.

Well, Yeah, but Great condition!  The side controls are tell tale.

I have coil electric and it's second nature now to control cook timing accounting for coil warm down time.

I remember watching "The French Chef" as a kid and she had side controls on the counter set stove and Ovens in the wall.

It's Always been a stove oven combo in my life.

Was the oven in the wall and stove on the counter a common configuration or just accommodating the "Kitchen"  to film the T.V. program?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2. Isn't it a joy when, on rare occasion, something goes perfectly right?  I hope it works.  Happy cooking!

Isn't it funny how we're always amazed when something goes RIGHT?  We're so used to having a problem when there's a delivery or a new product, we have forgotten how nice it can be to look forward to something new.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Yes, it is an electric stove.  The old one was purchsed in 2006.  It was a Whirlpool.  Glass top and self cleaning.

The new one is almost an exact match to the old one except it is a GE.  DD picked it out and bought it. We had a lively discussion for weeks as to who was buying the stove. She was he&& bent on paying for it.  She wouldn't even agree to splitting the cost.  Darn kid. 

Happily, you don't need to be a NASA engineer to use it.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I laughed out loud at your last line!  Good one!

That's how I felt when I changed cell phones!