Honored Contributor

QVC used to have reasonable food prices, I did order 15 years ago before we moved to a remote location.  Now I wouldn't even consider them.  I should check the outfits in Alaska I've ordered halibut from in the past.  Probably will be shocked.  

Honored Contributor

I buy a lot of QVC foods, some are wonderful, but I'm sick of so many food shows, especially on days that are supposed to be about kitchen things. 

I think it is because of Covid and China and lack of goods right now. I think most of the food is domestic and it is what they can get in good quantity, while over seas supply chains are/have been disrupted.

Respected Contributor

I like the food shows, but seldom order anything.

Respected Contributor

What I don't like about the food shows is when they take their fork and smush down the product.  Whether it's cheesecake or the steak/chicken cheese sandwiches.  It makes me sick to my stomach.  But I order some of the food like chicken fried chicken and steak from Rastelli or salmon.  The things I order are time savers and my choice to pay the price. 

Valued Contributor

It is amazing that QVC keeps selling these food products in light of the fact that proportionally the reviews on the majority of them are overwhelmingly negative. And I mean one star reviews. Then when the hosts breathlessly proclaim that the item in question is "so popular it is rapidly selling out" I cringe. They surely know the product is substandard yet they keep hyping it. Shameful.

Honored Contributor

They may be focussed on food lately because it's one category that doesn't come from China / i.e. they are able to get in large enough quantities to sell on TV.

Honored Contributor

Re: Way to many food shows

[ Edited ]

@furbabylover wrote:

It is amazing that QVC keeps selling these food products in light of the fact that proportionally the reviews on the majority of them are overwhelmingly negative. And I mean one star reviews. Then when the hosts breathlessly proclaim that the item in question is "so popular it is rapidly selling out" I cringe. They surely know the product is substandard yet they keep hyping it. Shameful.

I have enjoyed every single item that has been shipped to me. Nothing was substandard. However, I think there are others like me who rarely, if ever, write a review. I do so in a post on the forums, like now, but I rarely go back into the product information and leave a review. Shame on me! Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Plus, I have seen many reviews that are comments by people saying the product was too expensive and they would never buy it - which should NOT be accepted as a product review, but you know how well those are monitored. I have only had one problem and my account was quickly credited.

Regular Contributor

Very much agree...too much food which is sooooo overpriced and too munch David too. In fact too much of same things over and over.  QVC has become very repetitive.  

Regular Contributor
  • Very much agree...too much food which is sooooo overpriced and too munch David too. In fact too much of same things over and over.  QVC has become very repetitive.