Honored Contributor

Watching Wolfgang yesterday (Sat)

While watching Wolfgangs show yesterday afternoon the poor guy was showing his knives and cut his finger.

Then while demonstrating his mixer he pushed the wrong button which put it on a higher speed and it threw cake mix all over him and the set.  It was a good laugh.  The host ran to the other side of the set and his helper kept her cool and cleaned up everything.  Wolfgang left the set and changed his shirt.

Thats live TV for you.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Contributor

Re: Watching Wolfgang yesterday (Sat)

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie  I didn't see the knife part, but I did see the mixer demonstration.  I was surfing, and it seemed odd.  6 quarts, but, if over filled, I bet it is a mess.  I wasn't convinced that it is a better choice than my KA, though it is cheaper.  It also took up a lot of counter space, or at least it looked as though it did.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I did not see it but heard him talking about it during another show. He was laughing & said he pushed the wrong button twice. LOL!!!

He's showing his Puck Oven right now.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw that!  Had to laugh!  Wolfgang was walking around like a Zombie.  Probably been up too long!  Show was funny to me!

Esteemed Contributor

tried watching him yesterday....but just can't get past his tasting food without using a utensil........i'm very fussy about cleanliness in the kitchen....jmo....

Honored Contributor

@StuckinNJ.............there is a lid that can be put over the bowl when using high speeds, he was just mixing and everything was ok.  He went to push the stop button but pushed the one for a higher speed and he did not have the lid on.

I wish I would have waited to buy a mixer like that instead of the regular gooseneck type.  I would buy Paula Deens, hers is a is a higher wattage.

Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  I saw him put the lid on it, but I still wasnt' convinced.  It just seemed like the food processor if it is over filled.  A mess.  And, while I firmly believe my mixer should not be every kitchen appliance in one machine, I do admit that ther are attachments I like.  It caught my attention because it resembled lab equipment.  

Look in the outlet sectio of the KA website, or on their Amazon site.  They sell refurbished ones.  A KA rep told me they are usually ones that have been used at bridal shows, kitchen shows, and photo shoots.  They do give a limited warranty.  My blender is still goign after 20 years.

Also, an Ohio store called Kitchen Collection, found usually in outlet centers, sells the refurbished ones.  SearsPartsDirect sells some of the attachments and extra bowls cheaper than anywhere else.

I also found a new attachment... it both measures and sifts flour, sugar, etc., so no mess of measuring.  Although, buy a kitchen scale, and as you make a recipe, measure, and jot down the weight.  The next time, you simply add incredients to the mixing bowl, and eliminate the time and utensils of measuring.  But, do measure and sift in one step....

I'm also thinking about that heated bowl.  When they offer it on 6 pay near Christmas, I may break down.  

There is also an attachment that clips onto the bowl, if you have the 5 qt lift that is the older model, and it makes adding things much easier, and a company makes a silicon "flower" that works with the whisk to keep the mixer clean.  It is on Amazon.  

And, of course, the water bath.  

But, it depends on what you cook.  I do many things that use all the attachments.  THe hand mixer has never left the box, and it is at least 20 years old.  The stand mixer is on the counter, and I use it, so I have no need to mess with the hand held.

Honored Contributor

@StuckinNJ..............I wasnt aware of all the"fancy" stuff you mentioned.  At my age and no more than I use a large mixer I have a Hamilton Beach which works for me and a lot less expensive than the KA.  I just could never get used to a hand mixer, but I do have one that is used very seldom.

Honored Contributor

Yup, that's live tv folks...lol    Not as funny as the vendor for the air mattress poking a whole it with her heel...just as she's saying how that can't happen....lol   

Respected Contributor

I was watching and saw the mess being thrown all over the place, and it actually was hilarious to watch, it was unexpected the HI button would be pushed twice, rather than the off button.  And it was chocolate, he had it all over including his shoes.  Marian came to the rescue while he went off camera to change to clean clothes.  Actually Wolf was the funniest, he took it all in stride....and just kept on!  Nice moves, Mrs. Getz and Chef Puck!  I noticed his bandaged finger when he returned to the set, missed the nick with knife!