Respected Contributor

I have been watching Gourmet Holiday off and on since it started and I just want to talk about something I have been observing  for a long time.  Why is it the people have to squeeze all the food they hold in their hands.  I realize they want to show us the item is soft and not stiff like a stale piece of bread.  But, it makes me cringe every time somebody squishes or smashes the food like the Mamie's Pies and Junior's cheesecake.  It doesn't make me want to buy that item it just turns my stomach.  I know not everyone feels this way but I just had to get that off my mind.  Thanks for reading.  I will go take another nap now.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Watching Gourmet Holiday

🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle- In this instance, I agree with you.  That's bothered me for a long time, so I no longer watch the shows.  I don't squish my food and I can see when they break a brownie or cookie, for instance, in two that it's not brittle.  The Chery's Cookies rep does this all the time and all I can think is "What a waste of food".  Okay, once is enough; we get it.  Don't do it to every single cookie or brownie or piece of cake.

And I know others will say "change the channel", but that's exactly what I do.  Not all food vendors do this, so it would be nice if the ones that do could get the message.  Seeing food destroyed isn't a great selling tactic.

Esteemed Contributor

I so agree with you.  It doesn't make me want to order - I change the channel. 

Honored Contributor

It's a good way to show what is packed inside. Doesn't make me cringe.
Trusted Contributor

If it is meat or steaks they have to smash it until there is no life left!  We get the message, it is moist you do not have to smash the darn food!  What a turn off.  When that Cheryl’s cookies lady squishes those cookies, I change the channel.  No reason to be so dramatic!

Honored Contributor

I've wondered if something subliminal was going on.  Don't ask me what though.

Respected Contributor

I thought I was probably the only one with this problem. YUCK.

Valued Contributor

The only thing that bothers me is..... a lot of food is being wasted during the presentation. what do they do with it all? does the crew eat it after they have squeezed the life out of it?? ugh....

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
It's a good way to show what is packed inside. Doesn't make me cringe.

@AuntG: I get it. But, I wondered, why was it necessary to squeeze the life out of several pies - one in each flavor.  Smiley Tongue