Trusted Contributor

Re: Watch that cash register!!

I was at Home Depot a couple weeks ago shopping at the garden center.  The cashier scanned my items (3 plants) and then left to help someone at the self check-out. She told me to insert my card and the receipt would print. Well, I started to insert my card and then saw the total of $1,118.00! I had to call her back over and she told me the scanner sometimes picks up an extra 1. Jeesh...I'm glad I caught it before the transaction went through. I would rather not have to deal with reversing it afterwards.

Respected Contributor

I was reading a post on my local Nextdoor App.  Someone posted that several items she purchased at Target was not the sale price that was advertised.  In my area, that happens a lot at Kroger and someone posted about that too.  When I'm at Target, especially shopping for sale items, I always use those scanners in the store.  If it scans incorecctly, I go to customer service.  I now do self check out at Kroger.  When going thru the other checkout, they would go really fast and my groceries would be getting all mushed at end of conveyor belt.  Doing self check out allows me to see how it's ringing up and I can go back and look at it on the screen.  My Mom taught me to always check my recipts before I leave a store.  Lesson well taught.

Valued Contributor

UPDATE....

DH took me back to the store( I can no longer drive)..Took all the "paperwork"..Yes they were annoyed..wonder how many people they ripped off??

I got back $13.48 back!