Respected Contributor

Re: Wasn't Chef Todd English on HSN?

On 3/14/2015 sueinsf said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear he had a falling out with Joy, and I don't think the Green Pans were all that good. I don't know if his cookware on Evine is better but this does look like a nice set -- pretty rare when they put all the basic pieces in one set.

Anyone getting it?

Those pans were awful. I've actually had his cooking--way before he was a celeb. It was ok, but I thought a bit over-rated (I'm a tough critic, however, having been European trained for wine, etc.)

They switch vendors on TV all the time. Contracts end, and I figure they get a better deal on one network or another and their attorneys and staff that negotiate it tell them where they should be airing their products.

But I'll NEVER buy another one of those pans. Right in the trash.

Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 doglover3 said:
On 3/15/2015 Cookie06 said:

Oh darn. I ordered his ceramic cookware. I hope it isn't just junk. It looks nice, but now I am having second thoughts. Looking at reviews I could not find this particular set, it is brand new and no reviews show up. Oh well, it is only $150 or so and if it is junk, I will just return it. I need a new set so bad that it is worth the chance. I will up date and let you all know what happens. Wish me luck.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I don't know if this was what I got from HSN but was a TS last year, choice of large or smaller skillet. I got 2 large skillets, They were a Joy M and someone else? I love these skillets. As said, don't know if they were TE ones or not but weren't called green pans, ceramic over aluminum and love mine, easy to use, non stick that's for sure and quick and easy clean up.

I just checked mine, I was wrong, they are Lorena Garcia Technolon + Ceramic skillet that was the TS and I got 2 of the large ones (no lid) and have a 12 inch covered skillet. I use and love these and are all I use in the way of skillets. They are super easy to clean and do a great job for steaks, grilled cheese, eggs or anything I make in the skillet.

Valued Contributor

I received my new cookware on the date they said it woud be delivered. Number one, it is a beautiful set. Deep red and nice and substantial. I was afraid it might be too light weight, but not the case. I have used it and I really love it. The ceramic finish is wonderful and no, nothing sticks to it. That's my update and I am really glad I ordered it.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

New Contributor

I bought some of the green pans and they didn't seem to work all that well without oiling the pans before each use. However, I am now seeing green pans everywhere else. They look identical to what I have so I am assuming they are the same thing. I have the Todd English non-stick electric skillet and that has always worked perfectly.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 doglover3 said:
On 3/17/2015 doglover3 said:
On 3/15/2015 Cookie06 said:

Oh darn. I ordered his ceramic cookware. I hope it isn't just junk. It looks nice, but now I am having second thoughts. Looking at reviews I could not find this particular set, it is brand new and no reviews show up. Oh well, it is only $150 or so and if it is junk, I will just return it. I need a new set so bad that it is worth the chance. I will up date and let you all know what happens. Wish me luck.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I don't know if this was what I got from HSN but was a TS last year, choice of large or smaller skillet. I got 2 large skillets, They were a Joy M and someone else? I love these skillets. As said, don't know if they were TE ones or not but weren't called green pans, ceramic over aluminum and love mine, easy to use, non stick that's for sure and quick and easy clean up.

I just checked mine, I was wrong, they are Lorena Garcia Technolon + Ceramic skillet that was the TS and I got 2 of the large ones (no lid) and have a 12 inch covered skillet. I use and love these and are all I use in the way of skillets. They are super easy to clean and do a great job for steaks, grilled cheese, eggs or anything I make in the skillet.

I've bought two of Lorena Garcia's TS sets (2 different sets) and her bundt pan. The pans are lightweight and they clean up great. Plus they are extra pretty with the white interiors. Very happy with my purchases. I see she will be on HSN this coming week again.

Super Contributor

On 3/15/2015 depglass said:

Any restaurants he lost probably were the result of bad business practices, unless a morals clause was involved somewhere. Green Pans from HSN were the worst I have ever used. They were so bad they didn't even go to donation box, they went right into the trash. What disturbs me about all the new cookware sets being shown lately are they are regular old light weight aluminum, the big box store stuff. For that extra money I want either hard anodized or stainless steel.

Yes. I got those Green pans that were the worst... I promised

myself to never buy pans from HSN after those awful

ULTREX pans ... The said that the pans had lifetime

guarantees which they NEVER honored... One of my pans

lost the handle the first day I used it causing me a burn..

HSN said that someone will call me back,, No one ever did.

ULTREX filed for Bankruptcy... so no problems were ever

solved..

:

Chef Todd came on with his "Green Pans"... Guess who was

the first one to order inspite of the ULTREX mess...

Those are ...AWFUL..awful pans...

Contributor

I have been waiting for someone who bought to post their thoughts. I have one original Greenpan i use every morning for my eggs and i still love it. I was really interested but decided to wait for reviews. I still have some regular non stick pieces i need to replace and i was hoping this was the answer.

Honored Contributor

I read about Todd's new home on Debra Murray's FaceBook page. I enjoy some of his recipes.