Respected Contributor

Re: Was this worth an hour of my life?

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

If you're not already using them, invest in some  Mr. Clean Magic Erasers--easily found at the grocery store and elsewhere.

Unbelievable what those little spongy things get off in a matter of seconds.

I have left pots, pans, casserole dishes, etc. literally soaking for hours in Dawn detergent with periodic scrubbing and then having to add more Dawn and scrub again later.

Imagine my amazement once I tried Magic Erasers.  Holy cow..........great, quick results the first time.

By the way, I can't figure out how or why people remain satisfied with those "scrubby"  happy-face things that are sold here and in stores.  Expensive items that don't last long and don't always get the best results.

Super Contributor

Wow!  Fantastic job.

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

This took an hour?? Why so long? Looks like a 3 minute job to me.

@ID2 Smiley Wink on a demo for LC or the cleaner -- it would wipe right off !  Of  course the staff had just wiped it on before the show started.

@novamc1I found the smiley kind of scrubber lasted about a few days and seem overpriced just for the cutesy face. But I buy the scrub Daddy sponge Daddy at grocery stores for about $5. for 4 . They last about as long as other brands designed for non stick . I find them great for cleaning veggies too.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann 

I've never notice the Dawn Power Dissolver in the store.  I'll have to check for it next time. I did look at the oven sprays, but the directions confused me.  Is there one that can simply be sprayed on and then wiped off, without heating the pot?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@ID2 

If you can do it in 3 minutes, then you are my hero.  I scrubbed my arm off for almost the entire hour, stopping occasionally to change the laundry or rest my arm.  Also, there were periods of time when I let the cleanser sit, hoping it would soften the grease somehow. In any case, it was a tough job and I'm not going to let it get that bad ever again.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@novamc1 

I have purchased the Magic Erasers many times, but they seem so wasteful. They fall apart after one use. In my experience, some jobs require two or even three of them.

The original Scrub Daddy sponge is my favorite for the insides of my pots and pans, but they aren't abrasive enough to tackle this type of job.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Just yesterday I read on line oven cleaner would clean the OUTSIDE ONLY of Lecreuset pots.  Just spray, let it set for a while, then rinse.  I haven't tried it, so I cannot vouch for this method.  Remember this method is intended for the OUTSIDE ONLY. 

Honored Contributor

my scrubbing days are over. LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat   What happened to the pan... Burned maybe???   It looks like a mess to me....

Honored Contributor

@KatieB 

I've owned it for several years and use it several times a week.  I simply wasn't diligent about scrubbing the bottom each time. I plan to be more careful from now on.

~ house cat ~