Honored Contributor

Re: Was this worth an hour of my life?

@on the bay 

I only used it on the bottom of the pot. I have no trouble with stains in the interior.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 

It used to drive my mom crazy that I didn't scrub the bottom of my pots and pans. When she'd visit, I'd always catch her scrubbing them and I thought she was a nut. I have to say that I'm still quite lazy about it, which is why it got into that condition. I am going to be more mindful of it from now on to prevent that from happening again.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Thank you for the recommendation, but I own that bio cleaner and it does nothing for me.  I suppose if I used it every time I cooked, when the grease and stains were still fresh, it might work. However, this is gunk that's been cooked onto this pan over the course of several years.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@chiclets 

Believe me, the thought of messing it up after all that work is very disturbing!

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Well worth the hour -- it's therapeutic Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Thank you for the recommendation, but I own that bio cleaner and it does nothing for me.  I suppose if I used it every time I cooked, when the grease and stains were still fresh, it might work. However, this is gunk that's been cooked onto this pan over the course of several years.

@house_cat   That surprises me, because I first used it on some stainless steel pans that were black inside, and this product removed it, shoicked me, but it worked.

Honored Contributor

@In-x-s 

That's funny, because when DH suggested that I was nuts for spending so much time scrubbing, I told him that it was cheaper than therapy.

@mousiegirl 

I must be doing something wrong. I was convinced that the demo they do on t.v. was a hoax.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

For that kind of burned-on residue I use Dawn Power Dissolver or if the surface can take it (Le Creuset can), spray-on oven cleaner. But the Power Dissolver is made for the purpose. Minimal elbow grease.

Super Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

For that kind of burned-on residue I use Dawn Power Dissolver or if the surface can take it (Le Creuset can), spray-on oven cleaner. But the Power Dissolver is made for the purpose. Minimal elbow grease.

On a side note to this post.  I have a question for you.. I used to use Dawn Power Dissolver and then poof, it was gone from the place(s) I bought it. I haven't seen it again. Where do you buy it? I loved it. It worked great.,

@house_cat @  It was worth the time. It looks beautiful. I love my pieces of LeCreuset.

Honored Contributor

This took an hour?? Why so long? Looks like a 3 minute job to me.

"Pure Michigan"