DH says I need to slow down.

#barkeepersfriend

IMG_9398.JPG

IMG_9540.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Was this worth an hour of my life?

Wow! That's pretty good!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

I think it was. 

DH says I need to slow down.

#barkeepersfriend

IMG_9398.JPG

IMG_9540.JPG

Cleaning, scrubbing & admiring the results is worth the time

I love that Bar Keepers Friend

for me the hardest part is getting started......

Respected Contributor

@house_cat   Hilarious!  We must be kindred spirits regarding pots.

My Significant Other is a better housekeeper and neat freak than I am.  BUT he always catches me polishing the pans and asks me why and I always give my stock, yet very true, answer that it makes me so happy to see my shiny stainless steel pans, some of which I have hanging from a rack.  And, the effort lasts a while and makes the kitchen more pleasant.

Two weeks ago he had to purchase two new non stick fry pans from Italy to replace those he had ruined in less than two years by using metal utensils, and scouring brushes, and using too high heat occasionally.  When he came back from the store that much poorer for the price of these two pans he admitted I had been correct and he will now use them properly.  I bought the originals when I relocated to DC because the box from CT with my pans from the old rental hadn't arrived yet and I needed something to cook in.  He knew it was his fault because I never use the nonstick pans.

So, it would be worth an hour to me to polish clean as you did, even on your precious weekend since you still work a full time job.

Have a lovely, relaxing weekend as your reward for a task well done.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

Oh wait, it's made of oxalic acid which is quite toxic.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@house_cat   I use this V36702 bought here, and it works wonders, doubt it would take you an hour.  I have used it on the same type of pan you show, and stainless steel, and is not toxic.

Respected Contributor

I say yes.

When you can look back at what was and what it is now you can smile with satisfaction and know you accomplished what you intended to do.

It looks brand new.

Do not use the pan again, it is now only for show!

Honored Contributor

barkeepers friend is ALWAYS under my sink ready to do some magic!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

My LeCreuset Dutch oven looks like the Before photo on the exterior of the pot.

Going to try the Bio Cleaner and hope for good results!

Just bought a LC Dutch oven.Took a short trip to the LC outlet store. Worth the drive. Put it away for future DIL who said she really wants mine. My color is discontinued, although it was available in the recent TSV (soleil) She will get a new one of her own at a future date as a bridal shower gift in the closest yellow color I could find (mimosa)

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  Yes it was worth it, good job!