Esteemed Contributor

I just received 3 wall decals that I ordered from Walmart. Two of them are 18"x22" -- and it's looking thru an open window. One is Waterfalls - and the other is a view of the Ocean. The third one is a view thru the window of an airplane and seeing the wing of the plane - and ocean/beach. All very colorful - and u just peel the decals off the backing. I put the beach decal on the wall of my downstairs bedroom --- and the waterfall and view thru the airplane window --- on the wall of my upstairs hall bathroom.

An inexpensive way to add color to a room - and it's easy to peel it off.

I also ordered one set of butterflies (12 pieces) for my bedroom. A different vendor than the above - from Walmart. I'll receive these next week. $6.00.

Frequent Contributor

I've never tried these decals.  Do they come off easily?  I am living in a rental property and this would be important to me. Thanks for posting this idea.  I think I'm going to give it a try. 

Honored Contributor

I saw decals at Hobby Lobby last week.

If used correctly, can be a very nice touch.

Esteemed Contributor

Are these a one time use only?

I saw a few on Etsy with a disclaimer that once they are removed you can't reuse.

At less than $20, it's not a dealbreaker.

Respected Contributor

Don't know if these are similar to Tatouage that HSN used to sell. This was a kind of decal that had to be rubbed on from a sheet of parchment like paper - it was actually a micro-thin layer of paint that became part of your wall. I still have some designs on my walls, but when I wanted to get rid of them I just painted over them - you couldn't tell anything had ever been there.

Esteemed Contributor

@Elbelle

They come off the backing very easily and they're removed easily from the wall. No marks. A couple of years ago, I purchased a large set of pink flower decals and red apple decals from Walmart on-line -- various sizes. I put ithem on the walls of my dressing area and glass stall shower door - and on the wall opposite my staircase - and on the tiles surrounding my kitchen sink.

Cheers up my rooms and brings lots of color.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy

The decals from Walmart can be applied and then moved around - many times.

Honored Contributor

I have seen them before, and there are some nice deisgns but our walls have a slight texture, so I do not think I could use them....

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

I put several decals on walls in my dressing area and upstairs hall bathroom that have those tiny bumps -- and the decals stay on.

Honored Contributor

@kivah....I never thought the decals would stay attached on my walls. Hmmm, I might have to look into them again.