Occasional Contributor

Waggoner Chocolates on ShopHQ Same as Harry London

I have ordered the Waggoner chocolates for anyone in a pinch of Shophq before. While there is not a big selection right now they have a upcoming show they said in December - not sure of the date.

It's the same candy -- the granddaughter that used to sell on QVC sells it. I guess after selling Harry London they reopened -- not sure of the story. But it is exactly the same chocolate - and better easy pays.

Last year they had little sets shaped like a christmas tree. I've never seen the tins theirs is like in a box -- still individually wrapped. I would watch for their upcoming shows it goes fast. If I find out a date I will post.

Honored Contributor

Re: Waggoner Chocolates on ShopHQ Same as Harry London

The are the HL recipes. When Harry London was sold, the candy changed to a more waxy less decadent candy.

Honored Contributor

It's actually the same family, but they're not the same. The Waggoner products are WAY better.

I've ordered them from SHQ before and I like to use them for different purposes, but they cannot seem to get it figured out for their system that, in my state, we are not charged sales tax on food that is not prepared and served. So I finally stopped ordering. I've talked to them a few times and they don't do anything about it.

Honored Contributor

I had not heard that is was the same. Alison did sale for awhile on HSN but I have never seen her on the Q. I know she does all the Waggoner shows with her older brother since he is the President of the company now.

You never know who owns what. Or is this just taste the same but not the same company? I know Fannie Mae sells Harry London and Harry & David sale The Cheesecake Factory.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Occasional Contributor

I do think they are better - but didn't want to say that...

New Contributor

HQ will have Waggoner shows on Saturday, Dec 6th. I have 2 orders in for Harry London and haven.t heard anything from QVC; would be nice if they let everyone know sooner than later.

Honored Contributor

On 12/4/2014 Philosopher said:

I do think they are better - but didn't want to say that...

Ha! Leave it to me to spill all. I don't quite have your grace. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I've had both so I can attest to the fact that the Waggoner chocolates are definitely better.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/4/2014 catlady461 said:

HQ will have Waggoner shows on Saturday, Dec 6th. I have 2 orders in for Harry London and haven.t heard anything from QVC; would be nice if they let everyone know sooner than later.

QVC didn't let me know - they just canceled my order. I went into my order screen and see where the order says 'canceled'.

Esteemed Contributor

If you are worried about not receiving you Harry London order at the time you wanted it delivered, you can always go ahead and cancel without waiting for any word from QVC about the status of your order. This is what I "have" done. I actually ended up putting together my own tins with scandy purchased at Macy's. I used a coupon so while the QVC price would have been better for 6lbs, I did get a decent price at Macy's. I didn't like the candy configurations at HSN and forgot about Waggoner on ShopHQ.

BTW: I noticed that the Harry London display at Macy's was nearly bare. Evidently they have not been able to replenish inventory due to the warehouse fire.