Honored Contributor

Re: WP’s little rice cooker has vanished!

@hopi wrote:

@Mothertrucker

@momtochloe

I wonder why mine was such a failure, I love kitchen gadgets.

@hopi may I ask, how exactly did your's fail?  I am assuming you were not happy with the results of things that you cooked in it?  It took me a couple of tries to get the right ratio when making rice in it but now I can do it without even measuring anything and since I purchased the matching cook book I could literally use mine every day especially if you're cooking for one or two.

If there is anything I can do to lend a hand please let me know . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

There is one left when I searched rice cooker, so it is somewhat in stock.

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

There is one left when I searched rice cooker, so it is somewhat in stock.

@Tigriss well I snoozed and I losed . . . someone got to it before me . . . bummer . . . Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

A live phone call on air asked WP about this.

Fess up

WHO called !!!!!

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Respected Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

I wonder what happened to this little gem of a machine. I love mine and can’t imagine why they would discontinue it (if they did) – but it is not listed on HSN’s site any longer.  Last time he was there they brought it out is so many new bright colors.  Seems odd it is gone.  Anyone have the inside scoop on the subject?

There's not anything special about WP's rice cooker, except all the different colors. 

Nice rice cookers can be purchased many places for a reasonable cost. 

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe

@hopi

I also have one of Lorena Garcia’s little rice cookers and I love it, too. You might want to check HSN for a peek at that one. It has a nice feature in that it has a glass lift-off top so you can see how things are coming along inside while it is cooking. I use both WP & LG’s cookers frequently and think they are the best new additions to my kitchen in years.

@CWS22

Thanks so much for telling me I could go direct for Andrew Lessman’s site (ProCaps) for ChocoNuvo – I did not know he sold direct. And….it is priced less than it is currently at HSN! I plan to buy enough direct from him to tide me over to see if HSN has a better price again (they did when I first purchased it) and then I will stock up buying from the least expensive source. I was pleasantly surprised to find that tasty stuff works! Thanks again for the good tip!

Thanks everyone for your input and ideas!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@milkbone wrote:

A live phone call on air asked WP about this.

Fess up

WHO called !!!!!

GET OUT!!!!  What did he say @milkbone?  Did he/they indicate they would be coming back in stock?

Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@momtochloe

@hopi

I also have one of Lorena Garcia’s little rice cookers and I love it, too. You might want to check HSN for a peek at that one. It has a nice feature in that it has a glass lift-off top so you can see how things are coming along inside while it is cooking. I use both WP & LG’s cookers frequently and think they are the best new additions to my kitchen in years.

@CWS22

Thanks so much for telling me I could go direct for Andrew Lessman’s site (ProCaps) for ChocoNuvo – I did not know he sold direct. And….it is priced less than it is currently at HSN! I plan to buy enough direct from him to tide me over to see if HSN has a better price again (they did when I first purchased it) and then I will stock up buying from the least expensive source. I was pleasantly surprised to find that tasty stuff works! Thanks again for the good tip!

Thanks everyone for your input and ideas!

@Havarti thank you so much for the head's up on Lorena's rice cooker.  I can't believe I never saw it before because usually I watch quite a bit of her shows when I can as I enjoy her and her cooking.

If Wolfie doesn't come back with his, this one is on the top of my list.  Thank you again for the help!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I have noticed in the past that sometimes an item for a specific vendor will disappear when there is a TS and then magically reappear when the vendor's visit is over.  I remember last summer searching for Joy's readers and there were none to choose from.  Then several days after her current special they were pushing was done, the items reappeared.  So, my guess is the rice cooker will show up again in the near future.  I have two and enjoy using them.

Super Contributor

@momtochloe

WP said they were in stock

I have found their web site inventory to be off several times.

I go to order, out of stock, I return minutes later, BACK in stock

It could be a very low inventory, or a canceled order.

I just do my rice in the electic pressure cooker

White rice

6 minutes :-)

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK