Super Contributor

I have a huge rave for Campbell's skillet sauces used in this little cooker!

Well so far I've only tried the Chicken Marsala and this isn't your average prepackaged sauce! It was full flavored and had lots of big whole mushroom pieces.

Image result for campbell's chicken marsala skillet sauce

I put penne pasta, chicken tenderloins, and then the full bag of sauce in the cooker all at the same time. I think I did 1 cup of the pasta, and added an extra 1/2 or 3/4 cup of water to account for the pasta. I would say this one you should time though, I need to work out the exact time but after about 20 minutes the pasta wasn't cooked through and when I came back after another 20ish minutes a lot of that yummy sauce had vanished. Still came out great, but I think somewhere around 30 minutes would have been perfect, or maybe save some of the sauce to add in at the end? For essentially 3 "ingredients" in one pot, this was easy and delicious! Would be fantastic over rice too!

I want to try some of their other sauces, they have "slow cooker" and "oven" sauces that I bet will work good in this rice cooker too. Oh, fyi I found these sauces (and other brands) in the soup isle at my grocery store.

Image result for campbell's sauce

http://www.campbellsauces.com/

And OK I am just going to have to try that bourbon chicken now after all the raves!

Honored Contributor

MissKlynn, thanks for the Campbell's sauces tip. They are on my shopping list for this week. This rice cooker has become such a help to me and these sauces sound like they would fit right in to what I like to make!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Those sauces sound perfect for our RC's, MissKlynn! Thanks for posting! I'll have to get some onboard, for sure. The Sesame sauce with ginger sounds divine. Thought I'd reached the epitomy of lazy already, but these sauces have raised the anty! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

You should be fine using 3/4 cup water to 1 cup pasta...add in the sauce of choice, but you need to time it at 20-25 minutes and wait 'til the RC goes to WARM. HTH'sSmile

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

gokat, I just made the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding . . . delicious! I didn't have banana liquor so I substituted vanilla and it came out great. I also bought Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce at Trader Joe's . . . and the final ingredient was a big spoon {#emotions_dlg.devil2}. . . Thank you so much for the recommendation!

Respected Contributor

I am getting bananas tomorrow- believe it or not, i actually HAVE "Creme de Banane" in my liquor cabinet!!! (but no bananas, go figure!!)

Respected Contributor

I need to keep out of Marian's RC cookbook for a bit...or step up the exercise! Getting us all in trouble, I am! {#emotions_dlg.devil2} Glad I'm outta bananas or I'd probably do the deed again!{#emotions_dlg.tt1} I didn't have the banana liqueur either, momtochloe, so substituted 1 tsp. banana extract and 2 tsp. water. Worked great! Sounds like Mothertrucker will experience the full vavoom as written! Lucky girl!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Do I dare say that the Brownie Pudding Cake recipe is rather delectable?!?{#emotions_dlg.devil2} See what I mean?!?{#emotions_dlg.lol}

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Trusted Contributor
I've was using that little cooker almost daily, the mac&cheese was awesome! Unfortunately, I left the top on a hot stove burner and melted the gasket! It still works, sort of, and I didn't want to pay for the $39,95 for a new one, since I had purchased mine at the TSV price. I had an Amazon gift certificate, so I ordered a larger one from Aroma. So glad I got Muriel's cookbook, so now I can use it with the larger recipes, but thanks to WP for bringing a rice cooker to my attention!
Trusted Contributor

I used mine tonight to cook (heat?) some frozen PF Cheng sesame chicken. It worked perfectly. I might add a little water next time to make sure the sauce doesn't get too dried out, but they cooked and the RC turned off and it was just delicious.

Honored Contributor
On 4/12/2015 lizzief said: I've was using that little cooker almost daily, the mac&cheese was awesome! Unfortunately, I left the top on a hot stove burner and melted the gasket! It still works, sort of, and I didn't want to pay for the $39,95 for a new one, since I had purchased mine at the TSV price. I had an Amazon gift certificate, so I ordered a larger one from Aroma. So glad I got Muriel's cookbook, so now I can use it with the larger recipes, but thanks to WP for bringing a rice cooker to my attention!

I bet Wolfgang will bring back a new version at some point. I love mine and use it at least 3 times a week if not more. (I even bought a back-up when it was the TS price.)

Respected Contributor

If Wolfgang brings out a new model, what features/changes would you like to see (If any)?