Super Contributor

I've been using the included spoon to scoop out most things, otherwise using a small washcloth to take out the pot when needed.

I've had my eye on these little mini silicone pot holder like things... I have wanted some for taking things out of the microwave. Things like bowls where the typical pot holder just doesn't work. I may finally pick the mini ones up now for the rice cooker too.

Has anyone seen/used something like these?

Product Details

Valued Contributor

Hi MissKlynn - I have the little silicone grippers. I find them awkward to use. I still worry about burning the parts of me that they do not cover. But since you do not have to reach into a hot oven to use with the rice cooker, they might do the trick for you. May try it myself! Because the pot inside the rice cooker sticks up a bit, I am just using a regular thick terry cloth pot holder to remove it since I seem to be able to still grab the edge even with the thickness of the pot holder.

Respected Contributor

I'd recommend getting a pair of some version of the Ove' Gloves. (I bought mine through Sam's Club although I don't see them on the website anymore.)

Love mine - gives you dexterity in handling hot items for a few minutes without all the bulk of potholders and silicone...

Image result for ove gloves

Denise
Respected Contributor
On 2/21/2015 MissKlynn said:

I've been using the included spoon to scoop out most things, otherwise using a small washcloth to take out the pot when needed.

I've had my eye on these little mini silicone pot holder like things... I have wanted some for taking things out of the microwave. Things like bowls where the typical pot holder just doesn't work. I may finally pick the mini ones up now for the rice cooker too.

Has anyone seen/used something like these?

Product Details

I have the ones like the one on the left- they work pretty well, but they do conduct heat if you hold something too long...

Super Contributor

Is there no one who can tell me how to get fluffy rice? I made rice again this morning, using med. grain instead of long grain, and using the measuring cup provided, made 1cup rice (3/4) & the same amt. of water (6oz.). WP said on his demos to use the same amt. of water & rice. The rice came out good tasting, but again not "fluffy". The grains didn't separate like when he showed it on TV. Still need help, please.

I just use a pot holder to remove the inner pot - works fine for me.

Contributor

Maybe it is just me but I have been cooking rice for over 50 years and my mom used to also and it always came out very well. When I first heard of a rice cooker I thought and still do think it is a silly thing to spend money on.......LOL

Honored Contributor
On 2/22/2015 grannyjan said:

Maybe it is just me but I have been cooking rice for over 50 years and my mom used to also and it always came out very well. When I first heard of a rice cooker I thought and still do think it is a silly thing to spend money on.......LOL

I have been using this little item almost every day. Today mixed up an egg, one egg white and just a little milk with a little cooked leftover broccoli. Put it in the cooker and had the best little omelet. Puffy and really good. I could have added cheese also.

Respected Contributor
Txblond, did you rinse the rice first? Did you let it rest a few minutes after it was done?
Super Contributor
On 2/22/2015 Txblond said:

Is there no one who can tell me how to get fluffy rice? I made rice again this morning, using med. grain instead of long grain, and using the measuring cup provided, made 1cup rice (3/4) & the same amt. of water (6oz.). WP said on his demos to use the same amt. of water & rice. The rice came out good tasting, but again not "fluffy". The grains didn't separate like when he showed it on TV. Still need help, please.

I just use a pot holder to remove the inner pot - works fine for me.

Wish I could help, I prefer my rice a little sticky though. My only guess would be to perhaps leave it in the cooker a little longer on warm to give the moisture more time to absorb into the individual grains of rice? Maybe use a little less water?

Super Contributor
On 2/21/2015 denisemb said:

I'd recommend getting a pair of some version of the Ove' Gloves. (I bought mine through Sam's Club although I don't see them on the website anymore.)

Love mine - gives you dexterity in handling hot items for a few minutes without all the bulk of potholders and silicone...

Image result for ove gloves

Oh I like this idea! Would also be great for when I eat something straight out of the microwave on my couch lol, instead of holding a towel under the dish. Thanks!