Super Contributor

My 2nd Rice Cooker was supposed to come today but it didn't. So tonight I made Chicken Teriyaki in 2 shifts.

First I made enough Jasmine rice to fill the pot and last for at least 3 meals so I could have easy leftovers. Well the trouble is that rice tastes so amazing just totally plain, that I started eating it while the chicken cooked lol. I seriously could eat a bowl of the plain Jasmine rice on its own. I still have plenty left for 2 more meals at least.

I put the rice in a container to keep warm, and it stayed warm until the chicken was done.

~~~~~~~

For the Chicken Teriyaki:

3 Chicken Tenderloin strips thawed and cut up into chunks

Bottled Teriyaki sauce (I just dumped enough in to cover the chicken)

1 green onion cut up

Water Chestnuts Canned - I broke them up by hand, probably about 1/4 cup

Snow Peas - a handful broken up by hand into pieces, added after the 'Cook' setting switched off for the last few minutes

(really I just grabbed what veggies I had on hand that seemed good for asian food, any will work)

Topped with those crunchy Chow Mein Noodles

Image result for china boy chow mein noodles

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet another super EASY and DELICIOUS Meal.

My only critiques... I didn't think the Teriyaki sauce I used had enough flavor after cooked. I hadn't used this kind before.

Image result for Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze

So I added a bit of soy sauce and that did the trick. The chicken also seemed a bit overdone, I think I'll need to use a timer and switch it off sooner next time.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Mine just came! and I only ordered it on Mon or Tues....

Respected Contributor
I've been reading this thread, and after learning rice cookers can be used for more than rice, I've jumped into rc world with both feet. Earlier this week, I ordered WP's 1.5 cup cooker and the cookbook. I think I could make use of a cooker that's a little larger, too; Walmart has a 3 cup cooker with good reviews for $15, so I got that, too. I'll probably get the WP cooker and book on Monday. Today, I'm going to make a one pot sweet and sour chicken and rice recipe in the 3 cup cooker. I've made this on the stove before. I think it will need less attention in the rice cooker. I'll adjust the ingredient amounts a bit. I'm excited!
Trusted Contributor

Anyone have any tips or tricks for getting the hot pot out easily. I keep getting burned because there is no handle and it is so cumbersome with the potholder. I sure wish they had created a handle for it. I remember in the presentation WP had issues with this , too. Hopefully some of you smart ladies have found a handy solution you might be willing to share. Thanks in advance!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Trusted Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Havarti said:

Anyone have any tips or tricks for getting the hot pot out easily. I keep getting burned because there is no handle and it is so cumbersome with the potholder. I sure wish they had created a handle for it. I remember in the presentation WP had issues with this , too. Hopefully some of you smart ladies have found a handy solution you might be willing to share. Thanks in advance!

Channel-lock pliers

Super Contributor

Ladies - my first experience with rice cooking (white, long grain), the rice came out sticky & I want fluffy. I rinsed the rice good, but may have used too much - can't get the measurements straight. Do you use the scoop to measure it or the cup? It tried to boil over a little bit, so think I might have just put too much in the pot. How do I get "fluffy" rice?

I'm going to try a 3 egg omelet with a little shredded cheese & little pieces of cooked sausage later for lunch.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Trusted Contributor

Hmmmmm - has anyone had good luck making the rice pudding (page 82 of the cookbook)? Mine was a total failure - all the milk boiled out and the rice was just plain and crunchy with no liquid. Any ideas? I followed the recipe exactly, using 1 1/4 cup almond milk as listed.

Have been planning to make the mac and cheese this weekend. Now second guessing purchase. . .

Honored Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Havarti said:

I have found it easy to get out just with potholders. I know I was concerned because Wolfgang seemed to have a lot of trouble with it in the presentations.

Trusted Contributor

Update - the mac and cheese turned out perfectly. I will keep experimenting to see what the problem was with the rice pudding.

And I also use pot holders to get the pot out.

Honored Contributor

My latest was placing ravioli in the pot and adding sauce from a jar. The ravioli was purchased fresh and cooked for dinner the night before. Saved a portion for the next night. Heated the ravioli and sauce to just the right temperature. Warm all the way through and no splatters like may have happened in the microwave. Plus I could walk away and not tend to it. This little rice cooker sure is working well for me.