Honored Contributor

Re: WP Rice Cooker--Anybody remember how he did pork chops and chicken?

On 2/23/2015 Alajane said:

Oh my, how exciting to see these responses!! My tablet evidently got mad at me and wouldn't let me sign in, so I'm checking the forums during my lunch at work today. I'm so thrilled to see these recipes and looking forward to trying them.

Thanks so much for posting these! If I didn't have something already cooked for tonight, I'd try them then.

Jane

Now you have something to make for dinner the next couple of nights. Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

I know you have the WP Rice Cooker, but the Aroma website has over 200 recipes made using a rice cooker. You can find them with a Google search using this phrase: recipes for rice cookers aroma.

Some of them require a saute-then-simmer feature, but you could saute in a pan and then add the ingredients to the rice cooker. I bought an Aroma rice cooker for the saute-then-simmer feature.

Valued Contributor

the recipes referenced that are in the booklet that comes with the rice cooker are not the same recipes. mine does not have the macaroni/cheese recipe. (darn)

my booklet has these recipes and they are not described in the description detail page online.

*Beet Marmelade *Braised Pineapple with Vanilla *Braised Golden Beets *Braised Red Cabbage * Chicken&Corn Chowder Lasagna *Coconut Lentils *CopperPennies Salad *Cuban Style Bean Soup *Eggs Steamed in Tomatoes * German Potato Salad *JuicyBrinedShrimp *Long Cooked Collard Greens * Mexican Green Rice *MisoRubbedCod w Mushrooms *Pesto Steamed Salmon Steaks *Spiced Apple Cider *Steamed Artichoke with Lemon *Tuna w SesameSeeds and Green Beens *TurkeyChili *Vanilla Bean Poached Pear

Back of booklet says REV 1.0 ?? I will probably order the rice cooker cookbook but for now I would appreciate the mac&cheese recipe!

A little confused in GA, CAT

Respected Contributor

Here's the Mac and Cheese recipe for the 1.5 cup rice cooker from Marian Getz's Simply the Best Rice Cooker cookbook:

3/4 C. elbow macaroni

1 tsp. chicken flavor base, store bought

3/4 C. water

1/2 C. heavy cream

1/4 C. shredded cheddar cheese

1/4 C. shredded mozzarella cheese

1 tsp. shredded Parmesan cheese

I didn't buy the small TSV rice cooker because I already owned one of the WP larger rice cookers. Have made the mac and cheese in larger proportions and it is good! I highly recommend purchasing Marian's cookbook as it details many recipes using ordinary, familiar ingredients

Denise
Regular Contributor

On 2/23/2015 Nightowlz said:

Smothered Pork Chop

1/2 c beef stock
2 t flour
2 thin cut boneless pork chops
1/4 c mushrooms, sliced
1 small yellow onion, sliced
1/4 t ground thyme
1 T unsalted butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the stock & flour until smooth.
Pour stock mixture & remaining ingredients into the rice cooker.
Close lid & press cook.
Cook 25-30 mins or until pork is fork tender & gravy is thick & bubbly.
When cooking is complete, garnish as desired & serve.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for all your help.

Frequent Contributor

ChynnaBlue, thanks for the suggestion. I will search for the Aroma recipes.

gacat, someone posted the mac & cheese recipe on another site so that's the one recipe I had already tried. The flavor was great but I think/hope I learned something from experience with it--I like my mac & cheese saucy, not dry, so I added more water than the recipe called for. Evidently the cooker has a sensor that switches it to warm when the liquid is absorbed, so it just kept cooking and the pasta got mushy--and dry! Next time I'm going to use the amount o water called for and add about 1/4 C more liquid when I add the cheese so hopefully it will be more like the mac & cheese I'm looking for.

It's fun to experiment with.

Jane

Honored Contributor

Yum!!! I made the Old Fashioned Beef Stew last night. It was really good & easy to make. It makes 2 full bowls. I think the 8 oz of meat is a lot & will use less next time so I can add more carrots & potatoes. Instead of using beef stock I used the Better Than Bouillon soup base to make some broth with before I started. I added more beef broth to my bowl of stew after it was finished cooking. Enjoy!

Old Fashioned Beef Stew

8 oz beef stew meat, diced small
2 small red bliss potatoes, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1 small onion, diced
1/2 beef stock
1 T ketchup
1 bay leaf
1 T flour
salt & pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in rice cooker; stir well until flour is lump free.
Close lid & press Cook.
Cook 40-45 mins or until beef is tender & sauce is thick & bubbly.
When cooking is complete, garnish as desired & serve.
Valued Contributor

Wow!! All these recipes are so simple & easy, not a lot of ingredients either which saves so much time!! Thanks for posting!!

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2015 gkelly5744 said:

Wow!! All these recipes are so simple & easy, not a lot of ingredients either which saves so much time!! Thanks for posting!!

Hope you like the recipes. I have made the Old Fashioned Beef Stew, The Smothered Pork Chops & The Perfect Rice. All turned out really good. The Smothered Pork Chops taste like some I make in the skillet. I made it tonight & put the chops in a bowl with the gravy & covered with foil while I made the rice. I made 4 thin sliced chops, probably 6-7 ozs. Put some of the gravy over the rice with the chops, made a salad & had a Hawaiian sweet roll. Yum!!!. I can see making the beef stew a lot as I really like it.

Going to cut some strips from a chuck roast & make a bbq sandwich for dinner tomorrow. Maybe just put the bbq over some leftover rice or make some mac n' cheese. I want to try it.

I want to make the Bourbon Chicken but I don't have any oyster sauce or ginger. The cookbook says it tastes like the Bourbon Chicken you can buy at the Mall.