Esteemed Contributor

WOW Thank You - Balsamic Vinegar Group - Who knew?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for all the help with Balsamic Vinegar - This is my  first purchase.  Had it on a Caprese sandwich- whole grain bread and it was addicting.

I have grown up with Apple Cider Vinegar and after switching to Bragg's organic thought nothing else existed.

When some of you spoke of your Vinegar collection it threw me.

If you have any favorite vinegars  or places to buy I would love to hear your opinions and thoughts.

I purchased Aceto Balsamic Modena and Ortalli Modena to be my first tries. What I read on the internet go for no additives or coloring - that's all I know.

eta - It did say that not to refrigerate store in a cool, dry, dark area and lasts 7 years after opening, some sites say forever.

Honored Contributor

Re: WOW Thank You - Balsamic Vinegar Group - Who knew?

@hopi. I have a skinny bottle of balsamic that I got for my birthday. It is so thick it takes awhile to get out of the bottle. It is so delicious and I use it sparingly as I know it was expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@hopi. I have a skinny bottle of balsamic that I got for my birthday. It is so thick it takes awhile to get out of the bottle. It is so delicious and I use it sparingly as I know it was expensive.

@proudlyfromNJ

Sounds amazing - If you don't mind what is the name of it.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

@hopi. Rubio Aged Balsamic Vinegar.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you tried balsamic on fresh strawberries?? Simply delicious.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

@hopi in addition to @proudlyfromNJ recommedation (I would love to get my hands on a bottle of that!) Trader Joe's has a deliciious reduced balsamic vinegar that is terrific drizzled over just about anything . . . I just love it!

Esteemed Contributor

I missed the other thread you referred to. I would have responded because I am definitely a balsamic lover!

Good thing Seasons Taproom (http://seasonstaproom.com/) is close by me!

My absolute favorites are the pomegranate and the blueberry, especially to drizzle generously over a fresh bed of greens, but there are others I love, too.

Then all the EVOOs!

They have new nut oils. Pistachio, being especially fragrant and delicious - could be used in savory as well as baking.

There are some taste things in life you never go back to once you hit upon quality.