Valued Contributor

Re: WOW!!! Here it is October 2018 already - What's cooking in your kitchen?

Hi everyone.  I really haven't been cooking much, hubby has.  He has been on a low carb/low fat diet.  I haven't been ready to jump in with him, until today.  So, I have yogurt in the instant pot and I made a pasta dish without the pasta.  

I used onions and orange peppers from our produce box, browned some sausage, low sugar spaghetti sauce and zooddles.  It smells so good!

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone.`our temps have dropped today after a cold front and showers this morning and temps are going to be in high 30s to low 40s.we ate downstairs with my mil. she made cabbage rice hamberger and tomato soup cassarole. soup basiclly takes the place of sauce. and fava beans  with sauce and fryed potatoes and green peppers. and she made almond cookies wine biscuits and maria made pizzle cookies, tonight maria ate leftover chinese food from last night and i finished leftover chicken soup. was glad to get rid of leftovers before they had to be thrown out, we took out annas air conditioners today and up here we took out 1 ac and tomorrow the last ac will come out. hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend and eats well.

Respected Contributor

Yes indeed it is so nice to get the chill out in the mornings. 

Never has warmed up so the timing was good - we had a big storm all Friday night and slight drizzle most of he day yesterday. Ditty hung out and thank goodness the Possum did not show again - or at least I did not see it again. They are sneaky critters so it could have been here when I was not looking.

Got two more loads of clothes done yesterday but they are not all put up. Still have that to do - hopefully before church, then come home and do some more straightening up - THEN go and get the kids and the noise and confusion starts all over again.'

Pooky1, as usual, food always sounds good in your household.

Hope all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. thank you winifred. if you lived close i would do your laundry for you. you know i said before i love to do laundry. this morning i did 3 loads. colored clothes. whte clothes and a load of towels. maria folds it and puts it away. and all of her pants shirts and her bras i hang up . she dont want them shrinking in the dryer. and when there dry . i throw them in dryer with a dryer sheet on air fluff. they come out good. and we iron nothing. today anna made sauce meatballs and pasta. rabbi fried potatoes and baked squash tonight i made dough boys. this week our dog is going to groomers tomorrow and maria goes to a new urologist. shes been having pains from kidney stones all summer.so it all begins again.hope everyone has a great week and eats well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My gosh Pooky1 I thought I was perhaps one of the super few who still preferred line dried clothing - they smell sooooooooooo good. Just getting harder for me. When I meet up with y mother up above however I am going to tell her I outdid her as far as long as we could hang out clothes. LOL. Lost her at 82 - so sad - and I am almost 85 and still use the clothesline - although a struggle - and she gave it up a couple years before we lost her. Sure miss her!

A beautiful day here today - need to put out more bird seed tomorrow however. Had chicken "tenders" a few orange chicken pieces in the WOK with a ton of veggies. ALL were leftovers but worked well for dinner tonight.

Church was great - as always - and got some work done here in the house before I picked up the two little ones in DEvore - they are scrappy which bothers me. Davey got home about an hour later - he was with his Dad this weekend. Good for him but gave him a lecture about getting his chores done BEFORE he leaves and WHEN HE GETS HOME. Geesh. He was in a great mindset which is always nice. 

We are now on fire warnings all over my area - typical this time of the year and that rain Friday night and yesterday will help a bit.

Did I tell you all Davey has great grades except one - am so proud of him.

Hope all had a super great day

Honored Contributor

Just got a text that my trucker daughter expects to be home by suppertime.    Already decided on cube steak, gravy, mashed potatoes, sliced tomatoes, and biscuits, which is one of her favorites.   

Another cool, rainy day here in southern WV.   We aren’t expected to warm above our current 62 degrees.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. this morning is a chilly one and tomorrow will start off in the 30s. monday night maria made southwestern eggrolls. really good. chicken corn black bean spinich with that southwestern flavor very good. there fried and reheat well in our air fryer. and yestauday she made hamberger beans cheddar cheese and creamy cheese and it goes over nacho chips and its alls mexican. hope you all have a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used to cook all day every Sunday and freeze a great deal of it.

I'm not able to 'cook up a storm' like I used to.

But I sure love reading about what everyone else is cooking!

Respected Contributor

Good cold morning everyone - but do not let that fool you - going to be in the low 90s today. Weird I know.

Everyone is eating good - Pooky1 you ll have some of the greatest meals. I would never be able to cook all that good stuff. 

Must fill the bird feeders today - have a zillion things to get done and am not sure it will all happen. Time will tell but the feeders are super important and also time to get Ditty some more food.. Sigh$$$$$$$$$ !!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Our supper plates were filled with turkey breast, gravy, stovetop stuffing, corn, cranberry sauce and rolls.   Got the fridge cleared of leftovers yesterday, so I had to start fresh today.