Honored Contributor

Re: WOW!!! Here it is October 2018 already - What's cooking in your kitchen?

Made two trays of sweet potato fries yesterday and I am still working on my pumpkin bread.  I am going to make muffins next to finish up my pumpkin stash.    

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Made two trays of sweet potato fries yesterday and I am still working on my pumpkin bread.  I am going to make muffins next to finish up my pumpkin stash.    

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14  Do you freeze the muffins?  I make a ton of mini pumpkin, nut, raisin breads and wrap them individually, twice, then into a freezer bag, usually eat them right out of the freezer as they don't freeze as hard as a rock.

I discovered that cookies freeze very well, so now I can bake ahead of Christmas, for the most part, and not be so rushed.

Love sweet potato fries.  do you freeze them also?  I have been meaning to air fry them, but havn't gotten around to it, havn't done it before.

Honored Contributor

I had no idea I could do that @mousiegirl!  I will have to try that.  I would love to bake and bake and bake and freeze them.  My new place should have room for that too.  I will try it.

I eat the sweet potatoes in several different meals throughout the day so I go through them too fast to freeze. 

The only thing I currently freeze is overripe bananas that my grocery store sells in a big bag for $2.  I use them to make ice cream in the VItamix.   

Honored Contributor

When the fall weather comes, Chili comes to mind with cornbread.  Stew is another dish although I never made stew.  Also, soups (all kinds) served with crusty bread or cornbread.  Enjoy!  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I had no idea I could do that @mousiegirl!  I will have to try that.  I would love to bake and bake and bake and freeze them.  My new place should have room for that too.  I will try it.

I eat the sweet potatoes in several different meals throughout the day so I go through them too fast to freeze. 

The only thing I currently freeze is overripe bananas that my grocery store sells in a big bag for $2.  I use them to make ice cream in the VItamix.   

@Laura14  I have been meaning to make banana ice cream in my Vitamix for a long time, but end up eating the frozen chunks right from the freezer, lol, really refreshing on a hot day.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. cookies frezze very well. my mil for years when she makes cookies for christmas she allways frezze a bunch. and she takes some out when ever and they are fresh. my wife has been baking cookies the last few years. we have allready bought alot of ingredients for christmas cookies. back to warm and humid down here for a few days. yestauday maria made a hugh pan of chicken and rice soup and today pork cutlets baked brocoli with olive oil salt pepper garlic and baked ranch baby carrots. olive oil and a packet of dry ranch dressing  all very good.hope everyone has a great week. hi laura 14. havnt seen you on here so welcome.

Honored Contributor

Thursday’s here means leftovers and clean out the fridge night, since tomorrow is trash day.   

Tonight was last round of pulled pork, hashbrown casserole, corn and baked beans.  

Respected Contributor

RedTop, you do what I do - day before trash pickup, check the Fridge AND Freezer for stuff too old. Try hard not to have a lot of food to toss but sometimes even I get fooled. It's a must do however.

Gas man coming this morning to turn on the gas for the heater. Don't really need the heater - well that too can be debatable - but these mornings are bitter cold - sweating in a few hours but it will be nice to get the chill out early a.m. Then turn it off quick. Amazing how much heat just the pilot light puts out.

Hope all have a great day.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. after last night and this morning we got a ton of rain.like a couple inches at least. went grocery shopping thin morning in the pouring rain. came out of price rite and it was slowing down. when we came out of stop @ shop it wasnt raining any more now its cool and windy. got a 14 pound pork loin on sale in price rite for 99 cents a pound. later or tomorrow i will clean fat off and cut it up in single serve bags and i bought 2 falily paks of boneless chicken breast for 1.69  a pound. i will clean and bag it up like i do with pork. had left over soup for lunch. hope everyone has a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

46 degrees here in southern WV today; sunny, but very breezy.   I have spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove and will use leftover spaghetti noodles taking up space in the fridge.   There are 3 leftover hamburger buns that will be buttered, sprinkled with grated garlic and grilled in a nonstick skillet.    Dessert will be my last piece of birthday cake.