Valued Contributor

WHERE IS KITCHEN AID QUALITY

[ Edited ]

This is an update to a previous post of the defective KA Convection oven that was the TSV.  The first oven I had QVC send to my dtr was defective.  The right top corner of the oven door was badly aligned.  I called KA and they agreed to replace the oven and sent her a new one with instructions to send back the one from QVC to them. Pizza pan was also missing.

The replacement oven is also defective.  Same problem with the oven door.  The oven from KA did not have cardboard protecting the glass oven door and the black plastic pieces that attach the handle to the oven were broken.  So, my dtr. has to send both ovens back.  One to KA and one to QVC.  I am so frustrated and we both decided not to have it replaced again.  The CS rep at KA said all the oven doors are not aligned completely to allow for air flow so the oven doesn't overheat.  I have a Breville oven and the doors align perfectly.  Very disappointed in KA's quality on this product and the ridiculous answer.  I think their answer was a cover up for all the problems/returns they are having with this issue.

Valued Contributor

Re: WHERE IS KITCHEN AID QUALITY

I hate to hear that your replacement was defective also. I sent mine back because it just stopped working.  The door was aligned ok and fit, it just didn't heat anymore.  I thought it wasn't plugged up, but it was and back it went. Supposed to be getting replaement this week.  Keeping my fingers crossed! Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Here's a  (so far) positive posting.  Haven't had it very long but tonight did a big baked potato and reheated chicken wings.  Everything worked and can't see any issues.  Pizza pan and broil rack arrive with the Kitchenaid convection oven and everything - and I mean everything - had protection plastic sleeves - foam support for corners and - tape on doors.  Sorry you are having problems - like I did with Cooks Essential electric pressure cooker a while back.  Returned 2 of them and gave up.

Respected Contributor

I have given up on KA.  My $$$ KA 9 speed hand-mixer stopped working after very light use (used it to make cookies a few times).

For a high end KA mixer (purchased from Williams & Sonoma) I expected it to last several years considering I only used it occassionally.

Valued Contributor

I guess I should have added that when my oven did work I loved the results. It did a great job until it stopped working!  That is why I thought I would try the replacement

Contributor

Where is Kitchen aid quality?........Mexico!

Respected Contributor

Exactly.  Last I looked at the website, there were 2 stand mixers that were assembled in the USA.  The limited edition mixer and a $1000"+ "professional" stand mixer.  I wouldn't spend KA dollars on a mixer from Mexicoi or anywhere else.  I can get other "off-shored" brands at any "big box" retail store for a whole lot less.  The same goes for other KA appliances that are not assembled here.

Honored Contributor

That's true about the doors being slightly off kilter. David said that. To allow a little heat to escape, pressure something like that.

Well, I got a Oster, too, not KA.

I won't buy KA any more from Q if I want one bad enough of anything they make I go to BED and Bath, pick up myself , they give you 30 day guarantee if you don't like you take it back yourself, (that's free LOL). no waiting, no return costs, etc.

Oster makes good stuff I got their little cheap chopper for less then 20 at Walmart and grab for it nearly every other day to chop pecans, boiled egg, onions, pickles.etc.   They make a good food processor too. I paid 250 for KA one with all the bells and whistles and to many safety features in place with the lid having to be 100% perfect on.

They have to put all this safety stuff on there for the parents who don't watch their kids using stuff with blades they shouldn't have access to in first place, goes for kids eating Tide pods too, prescription bottles with that child proof lid *********. All of us pay the price in the long run

Trusted Contributor

I’ve always had great luck with KA small appliances, but we bought a KA dishwasher and it was a complete lemon. It never worked properly, even after it had to be repaired several times. 

I upgraged from a tilt head stand mixer to the one with the lift bowl....wish I had kept the tilt head. The lift bowl is great for large quantities of dough, but the tilt head was much easier to use.

Contributor

Kitchen aid is producing quantity instead of quality!