Respected Contributor

Re: WHATS COOKING AT YOUR HOUSE THIS APRIL 2019 ?

Hello everyone. Have not done much cooking but always seem to have plenty of food in the house. Need to get something done and do leftovers for the freezer. Actually my freezer is stuffed since Davey moved out. Mercy me he ate more than 10 people. 

The time is zipping by this morning - goodness me.

Have a great day everyone - always enjoy reading what everyone is cooking?

Respected Contributor

Will make either chicken or pizza today.It is a quiet day here.Can"t seem to get going.Very windy as usual,cloudy and cool.Hope everyone has a great week-end!                                                                            

Super Contributor

Re. Bell peppers

"Did you all know this?  I recognize that I use my kitchen primarily as a means to get from one end of the house to the other, lol, and when this popped up on facebook today I was stunned.  I don't remember my Ma teaching me this."

Birdmama, this story about peppers is fiction. Simply not true!

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/apr/15/beware-fake-news-even-in-the-garden-james-wong

https://extension.oregonstate.edu/gardening/vegetables/are-there-male-female-peppers

Valued Contributor

Pan seared wild caught salmon with blacked seasoning. Roasted potatoes and veggies and wild rice. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

Baked chicken, stuffing, and corn on the cob for supper here.   

Honored Contributor

Well thanks for that @Razzy 7   I was going to post something I just learned about watermelons, but never mind Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Well thanks for that @Razzy 7   I was going to post something I just learned about watermelons, but never mind Woman LOL

@Bird mama -----post what you were going to about watermelons.......you've aroused my curiosity!

@Razzy 7 is only one person and doesn't have to read it .....

Honored Contributor

Okay.  I usually tap on a watermelon and go by sound.....

My luck, there is some site that refers to seed in a watermelon like ovaries too.  Now that I read the 'extension' link that was provided and saw the word ovary in connection with a pepper, I'll never look at a pepper the same way again Woman LOL  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay.  I usually tap on a watermelon and go by sound.....

My luck, there is some site that refers to seed in a watermelon like ovaries too.  Now that I read the 'extension' link that was provided and saw the word ovary in connection with a pepper, I'll never look at a pepper the same way again Woman LOL  

@Bird mama   Interesting.  I buy seedless which is usually sweet, but I now will inspect watermelons when I go to the produce market, lol.

Honored Contributor

Last night was bar-b-q chicken on the webber, salad, and fried potatoes, wider than French fries.  The sauce was so good I was eating it on blanched potatoes, lol, so by dinnertime, I was only able to eat a little chicken.

Lost of gardening yesterday, made some progress.