Respected Contributor

Re: WHATS COOKING AT YOUR HOUSE THIS APRIL 2019 ?

Made swiss steak,buttered noodles and peas tonight.In the 40"s here with some sun,grass is getting greener.Have a good night and wonderful day tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

good morning and happy palm sunday to everyone. yestauday started out rainy but by afternoon the sun came out and it was awesome out. we opened all windows and sky lights. it was allmost 70 out. we had cold cut sandwiches for lunch and chicken rice last night. maria is feeling better but still has a awful cough.in 22 years we have been together i have never seen her stay in bed for 3 days without every coming out of bedroom at all. today we will eat down stairs with everyone.annas company from italy leave monday night. hope everyone has a great week.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sure hope that since it is Sunday - a special day unto itself - Maria will do so much better. She must be miserable.

We are expecting 80 degrees today - we shall see. No rain in sight but the mountains still have a little snow on them. Always have LOVED looking at snow in the mountains - from my yard that is. Gorgeous.

Last night I had some very good orange chicken and WOK veggies. Great dinner. I have gotten really enjoy that WOK. Just a bit difficult to fix bigger means like pot roasts, etc as it is now just me and the cats. Those two now think everything should be their way. LOL. Will say now that the weather is nicer Ditty wants to spend most of his time outdoors - I encourage that. Coming in during that long period of freezing it was a good thin he did come in. Now he remembers what it is to roam on his own, check out everyone and everywhere again. He is also going back over to the old auto repair facility. There is now a tractor repair business there. Hope they do well.

I need to finish getting ready for church - hope all have a great day. Dinner tonight? Probably the remainder of last night's dinner. LOL

Respected Contributor

HI !

so sorry about Maria.....hope she is feeling better. Sometimes it takes a long 

while for the cough to disappear. 

Last night we had Hatiian food...it was very good but I keep thinking that it is going to be goat !!! I couldn't stand eating my "Danky" ...........

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. we have never had hatiian food. this morning was very warm and we had thunder storms and a ton of heavy rain then nice and sunny and now back to heavy rain and should get very windy. company has left to fly back to italy. 2 weeks went by fast. i have to have someone translate for me. i understand very little italian and i know some words but not alot.ria made sailsbury steak with mashed potatoes and a mushroom gravy. lately she just makes gravy her own gravy. it was very good. hope everyone has a great day.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night I made stir fry Dungeness crab.  With garlic, Thai red peppers, and scallions. Finished off with a drizzle of hot sesame oil.   Sizzling rice soup with chicken and shiitake mushrooms.

Tonight:  Stir fried cashew nut chicken.   Shrimp fried rice.

Honored Contributor

After several days of beautiful warm weather, back to windy and cold, though sun is in and out.  It is supposed to get very warm shortly, will wait until then for more gardening, HATE wind, lol

Sunday was cheeseburgers and salad, made a Roquefort dressing, so good I hardly had room for any cheeseburger, and last night was salmon and the free asparagus that was our produce market's freebee for the week, so delicious the dollop of mayo wasn't necessary.  DH had a side of leftover pesto fettuccine from Saturday night.

@Pooky1   What is Maria and/or Anna planning for Easter dinner?

Hope everyone enjoys the week.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. mousiegirl. i have no idea what anna or maria or probably both are making. annas sister and her sisters grandson just left after 2 weeks of being here from italy. and they had a direct flight to italy at 620 last night. well there flight didnt actully leave until after 11 last night and im not sure what happened but instead of going strait to italy they ended up in paris instead. as of an hour ago they were still waiting for a flight back to italy. all i know is i would be so freaking out. so with all that going on she hasnt said about easter dinner. maria made for dinner today pork with apples and pecans with a sweet sauce and baked sweet potatoes. it was very good. hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

Maybe the stop over in Paris had to do with the Notre Dame fire......Doesn't make much sense but what else could it be ?

I didn't really even think about dinner on Easter but did remember to order all the children (and teens) baskets fron Williams Sonoma about a month ago..........What is everyone doing for Easter ?

Respected Contributor

I knew Easter is coming up but forgot that it is this Sunday. I do know I will make potato salad, deviled eggs, but almost positive it's the two of us & I have a ham steak in the freezer. A big ham is too much for just us. Need to figure out a veggie & dessert. DH is easy to cook for so he would be happy with a Popsicle for dessert, who know he may just have that dessert. LOL