Honored Contributor

Re: WHATS COOKING AT YOUR HOUSE THIS APRIL 2019 ?

[ Edited ]

Southern WV is about to get a lot of rain, so I’m going to use leftover pulled pork for a hearty, filling meal.  I gave my husband the choice of pork stew and cornbread, or a pork pot pie with biscuit topping.   He is still trying to decide.

P.S.   His decision was pork stew and biscuits.   Stew is simmering, and oven is heating for biscuits now.   

Respected Contributor

Everyone is eating good today,as usual.We are having brats,baked beans and saurkraut.Have a real good day.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. cooler today in the 40s and bright and sunny. we had dinner downstairs with anna and others plus she has company from italy. she made a big ham. roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes, salad. string beans, fried artichokes,fresh italian buns,and probably more. then she put out different kinds of fruit and chocolates and then terimisu. all delishous. and shes got a cold so after i did our 4 loads of laundry i did 2 loads of her laundry. hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. cold and cloudy today. well maria has a massive bad cold. i think the worst i ever saw her get. yestauday she was in bed all day and she showered now and went back to bed. i brought her coffee to the bedroom and yestauday i made pasta shrimp,roasted peppers cant eat. with pesto. garlic,and lemon juice. ria took 2 bites and said i cant eat. i have no appitite. today its develish hotdogs. its a racheal ray recipe and french frys on the side. hope everyone has a great day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 wrote:

good morning everyone. cold and cloudy today. well maria has a massive bad cold. i think the worst i ever saw her get. yestauday she was in bed all day and she showered now and went back to bed. i brought her coffee to the bedroom and yestauday i made pasta shrimp,roasted peppers cant eat. with pesto. garlic,and lemon juice. ria took 2 bites and said i cant eat. i have no appitite. today its develish hotdogs. its a racheal ray recipe and french frys on the side. hope everyone has a great day.

@Pooky1   I hope Maria feels better soon, though I know it takes at least a week.  I hardly get colds, but DH brings them home to me.  He gets everything, but I only catch it from him once in a blue moon, the coughing is the worst.  The meals sound yummy.

I have developed a clicking jaw on the left side, so am resting my jaw this week with softer food, which for me is no fun as I am a chewy person.  The day before, I ate some chewy baguette guess this was the last straw for the left side of my jaw.  If it doesn't get worse, I will bide my time, but if it does, off to the dentist for a night mouth contraption.

The weather was so nice yesterday, but this moring the wind is howling, hiss boo, will not be gardening today as I had planned unless the wind leaves.

I didn't get vege seeds going inside, so bought some plants yesterday.  The first nice day I will get them planted.

Respected Contributor

I made beef stroganoff and cucumber salad tonight.It"s cold and cloudy here today.Hope everyone is well and has a good week-end.

Respected Contributor

Pooky1, how is Maria. I got here a bit late this week - for shame - as I so enjoy this thread. Having almost always felt great, to be honest am struggling with constant fatigue and just doing anything is a big chore. I know my health took a sudden turn downhill but still I cannot simply sit on my rear looking through rose colored glasses. And also this computer is driving me insane. I always put what I write through the spell check and so often words are still garbled - I just do not get it. Well I need a new computer but not now. Sill have this almost new laptop just sitting as when they replaced the battery - Ricky dropped something on it and that was that, but they took off everything I had gotten on it. That was not much to start with but I cannot get anything back on. Grrrr. The computer place said they could but would have to cough up even more $$$$. Of course I did not realize it was literally a dead laptop until couple days after bringing it home. Not real happy about that.

Have not been doing any great cooking lately. Last night I finished up my leftover WOK veggies. I really like veggies cooked in the WOK. Easy to do and sure good. Tonight? Have no clue whatsoever.

Hope all have a great day and continue eating well.

Honored Contributor

Meatloaf and scalloped potatoes with green beans.

Honored Contributor

Finally, beautiful weather yesterday and today, planted and weeded, more today.

Thursday were chicken cutlets breaded with panko crumbs, last night was leftover pork in tacos with the usual condiments, and tonight will be pesto pasta with prawns and peas.

Used the rest of the frozen refried beans last night, so must make more this coming week.  When the weather is great and I am gardening all day, I don't want time consuming meals, just want to eat and rest, lol.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

Honored Contributor

Not much cooking going on in my kitchen this week.   No one has had an appetite for an actual meal, and I haven’t been in the mood to cook.