Respected Contributor

Re: WHATS COOKING AT YOUR HOUSE THIS APRIL 2019 ?

Thanks so muich Pooky1  - this has been another week from you know where. Even now, will leave in about 10 inutes to take someone to her MD. Thanks again, will get back later to post.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. winifred i looked back for your last post. i was beginning to wonder if you were ok. glad to know your good. today was nice and in the 60s.today we had leftovers. we had our dog groomed today. she now looks like a different dog. hope everyone has a great night.

Respected Contributor

Cauliflower is BETTER than mashed potatoes !

For dinner I had a turkey breast, sweet potato and Brussel Sprouts......the turkey breast was about 2 lbs and pre-cooked by Omaha......I stuck in the oven at 450* for 1/2 hour (after defrosting) and it was delicious.

Respected Contributor

Danky, I LOVE mashed potatoes yet will admit I also LOVE cauliflower. Yummy for sure. 

Have a great day everyone. Tonight? Probably the rest of my BBQ delicious sandwich I had for lunch yesterday and some sweet potatoe fries. Good combo.

Respected Contributor

Tonight I made meatloaf,mac and cheese, and green beans. Also had some bread and butter pickles.Hope everyone has a great week-end and good eating!

Honored Contributor

No exciting meals this week.  DH had lip surgery Thursday, so no chewing.  I took soup from the freezer and crumbled crackers on top so they would get soft.  Usually, he likes naan with soup, but it is too chewy.

Last night was fried cubed potatoes and sunny side up eggs in four wells.  Tonight will be leftover pasta, it is soft, and he will bring home an Acme sour baguette so I will have tuna, just tuna and mayo, love it.  Salads for both.

I think tomorrow night will be grilled pork steaks, salad, and baked yams eating like baked potatoes but with only butter, DH will eat them with lots of butter,  I like them as is, so sweet.

Finally, no rain is expected any longer, so am weeding today, and forever, lol.

The other night I had a sweet craving, hardly ever happens, so I added raisins to Jif chunky peanut butter and love it!  I can't believe it took my entire life to think of this combination.  I love raisins so should probably just eat them, less calories, but at least peanut butter has some protien, that is how I justify it, lol.  I ate it for breakfast this morning, another addiction is brewing. Smiley Happy

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. awesome spring day in the 60s and staying in the 40s tonight. i went out for a couple hours and raked and trimmed down daisy plants and filled a yard recycle barrel and bag. first time out there this season we usually till garden soil with a pitch fork and its back breaking. so my mil has a freind that has her garden soil rototilled so she will have her guy come see ours and give us a price. mousie girl. have you ever bought nutella hazelnut spread? its so good with peanutbutter. we had coldcut sandwiches for lunch with potato chips. italian ham, dilusso salami, and chicken breast and american cheese. i said to the  deli person. i need 5 pounds of parma italian ham shaved.  ladys face dropped on the floor. then i said only kidding. i just need a half pound thin. i spent a lot of years worki\ng in the deli so i know what a pain it is to get an order like that. the kid working with her as soon as he hurd me ask for it he busted out laughing. and now were about to have beef rice. hope everyone has a great weekend. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

good evening everyone. awesome spring day in the 60s and staying in the 40s tonight. i went out for a couple hours and raked and trimmed down daisy plants and filled a yard recycle barrel and bag. first time out there this season we usually till garden soil with a pitch fork and its back breaking. so my mil has a freind that has her garden soil rototilled so she will have her guy come see ours and give us a price. mousie girl. have you ever bought nutella hazelnut spread? its so good with peanutbutter. we had coldcut sandwiches for lunch with potato chips. italian ham, dilusso salami, and chicken breast and american cheese. i said to the  deli person. i need 5 pounds of parma italian ham shaved.  ladys face dropped on the floor. then i said only kidding. i just need a half pound thin. i spent a lot of years worki\ng in the deli so i know what a pain it is to get an order like that. the kid working with her as soon as he hurd me ask for it he busted out laughing. and now were about to have beef rice. hope everyone has a great weekend. 

@Pooky1   I am not a chocolate lover, but DD and DH are.  I bought Nutella for DD years ago.  I do like a chocolate fudge cake that I buy for DH's Birthday, but don't crave it as he does.

Honored Contributor

Graham & Rollins 5 oz crab cakes, a caesar salad and lemon FatSnax cookies for dessert Smiley Happy

Contributor

I just put some Granny Smith apples and some cinnamon in my crock pot for applesauce. I also made a Godiva chocolate pudding pie. I need to go out and get some whipped cream before anyone eats it. It's so early, but I'm getting a lot done before anyone wakes up. I'm taking a quick break and drinking coffee. For breakfast, I had a baked potato with sauteed spinach and garlic. It was good! Have a great day everyone!