Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR SECRET WEAPON!?!!

I bought Barkeeper's Friend Cooktop Cleaner for another purpose and ended up giving it to someone with one of those black glass cooktops. She was always having pots boil over and she said it really helped remove the mess and the haze. It's a liquid and it comes in a silver bottle.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I have glasstop stove also. I thoroughly clean it every night.  I use Cerabrite or Weimar glass top cleaner first -- scrub it gently with a scrub daddy.   

If something burnt on, I take razor blade (with cleaner still on) and gently scrape. After I thoroughly remove cleaner, I dry with paper towel and use Weiman Glass Top cleaner to "polish".

My stove is white but the glasstop is black.  It's 7 years old and still looks new.  Although, I want SS finished appliances but can't justify because all of them are working fine...

Valued Contributor

Will NOT Scratch.  Came with my Stove

Monke~

@eddyandme wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

On my refrigerator I use Pledge Restore and Shine. Never have fingerprints. On my glass stovetop I use Cerama Byte cooktop cleaner with the cleaning pads. This combination makes the top look like I just purchased the stove. If there is anything baked on the top you are supposed to use a straight edged razor to first remove the mess. As far as the boil overs, get the Kochblume Spill Stopper and that problem will be solved.

@Janey2, I use the same stuff on my stovetop, but have always been leary of the razor - afraid I'll scratch the whole thing!

Thanx.

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandmeI use Windex to get rid of the finger and grease smudges.  Works good.

Super Contributor

@Janey2   Don't be afraid of the razor.  It works GREAT!

Honored Contributor

Someone please come up with the name of the little black scrapy things.  I need them desperately, I'm always boiling something over. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Just go with your Mr Clean magic eraser and sit back.  Some battles can't be won!

Magic Erasers are awesome!  They clean just about anything that is difficult, especially smudge-type stuff on glass, walls, any surface really.

I have many boxes of them under my sink, as I was on AD at Amazon for some time until I realized I was getting way more than I was using.   

Also, and I apologize if somebody else mentioned this and I missed it, microfiber cloths.   Don't even bother with some solution or spray and then paper toweling it.  Use the Magic Erasers or the microfiber for a perfect result.  Smiley Happy