Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE?

There are so many great cheeses! I think my favorite changes depending on what I'm using it for, but based on frequency of use, my top five would be medium cheddar and mozzarella (both from a great local creamery), Parmigiano Reggiano, feta (admittedly the less-sheepy Americanized version), and Monterey Jack. My two favorite specialty cheeses are Sao Jorge (made on my mother's home island in the Azores) and Welsh Tintern, especially for fancy grilled cheese sandwiches.

But even making this list has me thinking of soooo many other cheeses I love...  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

The one cheese that I don't like is Feta because of the crumbly, dry texture.

Respected Contributor

Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue Cheese, hands down!  I still love Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar and imported Gruyere and Emmentaler Swiss cheeses, and Face Rock Creamery's Vampire Slayer Garlic Cheddar is delicious, too, in moderation, as you could certainly repel anything with a sense of smell, not just vampires, with that cheese!  I am blessed to live in the PNW, which, at least historically, has a perfect climate for dairying, which has led to amazing creameries.

Respected Contributor

Gouda would be my favorite, but I also like cheddar 

Respected Contributor

I certainly can relate to the posters who've responded that they like ALL cheese and can't choose a favorite! While I do like most cheese (more like LOVE most cheese) there are a couple I'm not crazy about: gouda and feta.

Honored Contributor

I love cheese!   I couldn't choose a fav, either.  What I pretty much always have on hand is extra sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, mozzarella, and Asiago.

I also love gouda, parm, and romano.  I imagine there are more types that I like but I cannot remember right now.

Cheese is one of my very favorite food groups.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I am one of those cheeseaholics! love any cheese.  The only thing I know is what I don't like is store brand cheeses Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

I'm allergic to milk, so cheese usually doesn't sit well with me.    The only cheese I eat is cheddar, colby, provolone, Monterey Jack, pepper jack, and mozzarella.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I'm allergic to milk, so cheese usually doesn't sit well with me.    The only cheese I eat is cheddar, colby, provolone, Monterey Jack, pepper jack, and mozzarella.   

Only?  That's it?  Smiley Very Happy

Oh!  I forgot about provolone.  I love provolone.  Mostly I would purchase provolone to use with turkey in a sandwich.  I like the way provolone and turkey taste together.

Respected Contributor

I don't really have a favorite cheese, but I like different kinds

for certain things: Cottage cheese with fruit or on wheat

crackers

Gruyere on wheat crackers

Shredded Mozzarella on Pizza

and Lasagna

Ricotta in Lasagna

Fresh Mozzarella in Caprese Salad

Mascapone in Tiramisu

Feta on salads