Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHEESE?

I love most of them also. I am learning that more and more cheese is not always the best when cooking.  Depending on the flavor, a little goes a long way at times. 

Trusted Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

The one cheese that I don't like is Feta because of the crumbly, dry texture.

On a salad, it is perfection, also crumbled over giardiniera on any kind of sub.

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 Riccotta

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Yep, those are the only cheeses I will touch, and seriously doubt I eat one pound of cheese in a year.   

Esteemed Contributor

I love cheese... I usually lean towards the creamier and lighter types, but I love Blue too! The only 2 that I'm not fond of at all are Rocotta and Feta - it's the texture of them that I don't like. One of my local favorites is Provel (similar to provolone). Add to that Swiss, Goat, Havarti, Muenster, Monterrey Jack, American and Cottage!

Honored Contributor

Monterey Jack!!! Colby, or a mix of the two!! !

Respected Contributor

@Toots711 

I see Kerry Gold Dubliner cheese on your list.  Lately, that is my favorite cheese.  It is a good hard cheese; cheddar, sharp, but not too hard or too sharp.  It just works well as an all-purpose cheese for me.   I wonder how many people are familiar with it?  The Kerry Gold line is from Ireland.  I love to use the Kerry Gold real butter when I bake.  It is high-priced, but I always like to use the best quality ingredients I can find when I bake.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Monterey Jack!!! Colby, or a mix of the two!! !

@ECBG Oh yeah, colbyjack! I forgot about that--it is good

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I love cheese!   I couldn't choose a fav, either.  What I pretty much always have on hand is extra sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, mozzarella, and Asiago.

I also love gouda, parm, and romano.  I imagine there are more types that I like but I cannot remember right now.

Cheese is one of my very favorite food groups.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt Mine too!

Respected Contributor

Am from Wisconsin and like several different kinds, but my very favorite is Colby cheese, so fresh it squeaks when you eat it!  Usually have to go to cheese factory/store to get it that fresh! 🧀