Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT'S COOKING IN MAY 2018?

good morning everyone. red top my choice would be fried chicken but both sound good.today cloudy and rainy tomorrow seems like its going to be much better, last night leftovers for dinner and grilled cheese for lunch after anna and i went grocery shopping. it works out maria hates grocery shopping and i love to go shoppinng. maria bought her mom a bunch of black shirts because her mom will wear black for 1 year to honor her husband. and my mother wanted towels so we bought her towels for mothers day.hope everyone has a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

After a day of running errands, wondered what I could give DH for dinner, easily.  Thank goodness for naan and a freezer stash.  I pulled my Detroit pizza sauce from the frig, only used enough for two naans, shredded two types of cheddar, chopped Kalamata olives, and placed thinly sliced salami on top, viola, pizzas.  

Tonight, either stir fry, or DH mentioned getting pizza, had forgotten this when I made last night's dinner, but that wasn't the pizza that DH likes best, everything but the kitchen sink on it, lol, not for me, I usually get a vege with white garlic sauce.

Tomorrow, he will be having his Birthday dinner here, cheese burgers, and fudge cake, have been buying this for over twenty years at the same place, with chocolate ice cream, I will pass, not a chocoholic, but he and DD are.  I bought a mini lemon meringue pie for me, the best meringue I have ever tasted.  This is the grocery store where I shopped always when I lived in that area, but only go there now and again as it really is a one stop market, but more expensive than the neighborhood markets.  It is the only place I can get certain food items, so when I go, I stock up.

Beautiful weather yesterday, more today, so will be in the garden potting and dividing plants, almost done with the dividing for this year as the weather is heating up, but the plants I am dividing don't bloom until Fall, so it is fine to do it now.

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Thanks Preds and right back at you. Hope things are going great in your house!!

Also hope all have a super good day.

Quite chilly and damp today. Ugh - but this can, and often is, a typical May Day. Weather is always weird this time of year and will continue thru the second week of June. I rarely turn the heater off until then as there is almost always a surprise frigid day thrown in there. Smart parents also send their kids to school in layers in June -- just never know. 

Will say however, am just not sure they still do that as I see kids now in the middle of very cold weather almost stripped down to nothing. So very dumb  - my opinion.

Enjoy your day everyone - may tell everyone to make themselves peanut butter sandwiches today. LOL.

Honored Contributor

Both daughters were here today, so supper turned into my Mother’s Day meal.   We enjoyed ribeyes, scalloped potatoes, sautéed onions, salad, and sliced cucumbers.  

Trucker daughter asked for Fantasy Fudge recently, and I finally made it, which is the only sweets in the house right now.   

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. red top your food sounds wonderful and fudge sounds interesting and yummy. i have thought about making fudge but so far i havnt tried it. satauday i tried to make italian butter cream froasting but didnt come out right so i thru it out. last night for dinner .maria made coconut rice and pineapple teriaki chicken in crock pot and she shredded chicken and served it over rice.it was awesome. maria went to her yerologist for a follow up and doctor gave her a prescription to help not making kidney stones. she told him im allready feeling that i have more stones. he told her your one of 3 piacients that i have that keeps making tons of them and hes sending her for an ultrasound. hope everyone has a great week.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1  I hope the new med works for Maria, I am sure just the thought of more stones has her shuddering.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saturday was stir fry with leftover grilled chicken thighs, snap peas, my favorite, green onions in a garlic, ginger, black bean sauce over rice.

Last night was meat sauce from the freezer and bucatini.  I ordered a case of the pasta at amazon, very inexpensive this way.

The weather has cooled down from the seventies to the sixties, but I see Acuweather predicts eighties and nineties for most of the summer, dreading that hot weather so much  I will catch up on deep cleaning the house during that as it will be too hot to work outside except early morning and early evening.

Leftover steak tacos tonight probably, as I can't think of anything else.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

Both daughters were here today, so supper turned into my Mother’s Day meal.   We enjoyed ribeyes, scalloped potatoes, sautéed onions, salad, and sliced cucumbers.  

Trucker daughter asked for Fantasy Fudge recently, and I finally made it, which is the only sweets in the house right now.   

@RedTop----How wonderful that you had your Mother's Day meal AND what a feast....you have described one of my two perfect dinners. 

I didn't even know that Bob Evans had restaurants until @mousiegirl told me. 

I had to look-up what Fantasy Fudge is and I realized it was made for us frequently while we were  kids. Also a fudge made with cream cheese. YUM.

@mousiegirl---your food always sounds great. I don't do anything with leftovers except eat leftovers...LOL What brand of bucatini do you use ?

Was your DD home for Mother's Day ?

@Pooky1-----the medical news for Maria is disturbing, at best. Your poor, poor baby ! What caring and thoughtful gifts you got your Moms . I bet they were tickled......Did Anna and/or your Mom have dinner with you ? 

Honored Contributor

@Danky  I use Barella, but I see that what I bought at Amazon is Barella Collezione bucatini, and I don't know the difference.

It was someone else who told you about Bob Evans.  I have only ever eaten at one of his restaurants, once, because the new potatoes arrived on my plate with black dirt on them, obviously had not been scrubbed before cooking.