Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT'S COOKING IN MAY 2018?

@RedTop wrote:

@Danky,

LOL, no chicken livers for me tonight.   I do love them and could eat them weekly, but try my best to stick to just once a month.  

Instead we ate at IHOP; breakfast for dinner.   My husband had a VA appt this afternoon, so that was my one real meal for the day.   

Outside of a pot of pinto beans, I have not cooked a meal this week.   We are still eating up leftovers, and are down to a dab of burrito fixings and the last of the pulled pork, which will likely wind up as quesadillas tomorrow.  

My trucker girl is on an extended run, and may not be home until early next week.   Teacher daughter will be away for the weekend, so husband and I will use another restaurant gift card, as I’m not cooking a big meal for the two of us.    

@RedTop----an easy week for you. I was very fortunate all the years that I was married....I was never under any obligation to cook since my DH was perfectly happy to whip something up. 

I am always amazed at how much we, complete strangers from all over the country, have in common. None of you have described a meal you've made that I wouldn't gratefully eat (except unlike @mousiegirl I do not do any spicy.) 

One of my grands recently discovered IHOP and she is completely addicted to it......I like it too but haven't been in 20 years. Another place to add to my

GET TO list...Do you miss the girls when they are away or is it welcome break ? Hope your Mom is okay.....Wait you won't have any kids on Mother's Day !

Honored Contributor

@Danky,

You are correct, my girls won’t be home on Mother’s Day.   Our family meal will likely be on Tuesday or Wednesday, but this way I will be able to see my mom, and brothers for an extended visit on Sunday.   

I raised two very strong, independent young women who love to travel.   I do have concerns about them on the road, (especially for my trucker girl during spring tornadoes); pray for them daily, but do not sit and worry about things I can’t control.  My mother worried over my brothers and I to the point of it being a control issue, and I vowed to never let anxiety rule my life and interfere with my girls choices.

My husband cooks occasionally; mainly breakfast food and grilled cheese.   With the neuropathy in his feet and legs, he cannot stand for any length of time to prepare a more complex meal.     

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Mousiegirl, thanks for the info - checked it out. For a very very long time Preds started this thread with a great graphic every day - and it tapered of so many of us have been concerned. Still do not know if she is OK, I can only hope and pray she is - would love to know her in person.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. last night just leftovers. it was suposed to be pineapple chicken fahitas but maria had stuff going so i said leftovers is fine for tonight so fahitas will be tonight. maria is doing ok and anna has her moments but shes doing ok to. now anna can go outside and do stuff in the tard. i started turning over garden soil to prepare to plant garden.i know ice cream place your talking about in lincoln danky but never been there. i went to davies thecnical high school right near there. i graduated back in 1990. maria gets wonton soup sometimes. i get either sweet and sour chicken. general soh chicken or eggfoo young.didnt know it was different in new york. never been there. been to new jersey and the cape but thats it. hope everyone has a great day

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Yippee! Hi Preds, a big relief. Take care!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Doing my crockpot Taco soup from a fellow Weight Watcher about two years ago.  It's so good.  I found a similiar one after I got this one in allrecipes website.  They have a lot of good ones.  I have some of their cookbooks and they'll be with me till the end.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 wrote:

good morning everyone. last night just leftovers. it was suposed to be pineapple chicken fahitas but maria had stuff going so i said leftovers is fine for tonight so fahitas will be tonight. maria is doing ok and anna has her moments but shes doing ok to. now anna can go outside and do stuff in the tard. i started turning over garden soil to prepare to plant garden.i know ice cream place your talking about in lincoln danky but never been there. i went to davies thecnical high school right near there. i graduated back in 1990. maria gets wonton soup sometimes. i get either sweet and sour chicken. general soh chicken or eggfoo young.didnt know it was different in new york. never been there. been to new jersey and the cape but thats it. hope everyone has a great day

@Pooky1  Glad to hear Maria is on the mend.  Gardening will be wonderful for Anna, I know it feeds my soul. Smiley Happy   I think keeping busy is the key for Anna with whatever makes her happy.   I used to make a pineapple salsa, pineapple, lime juice, cilantro, red onion or sweet onion, and jalapeno if one likes.  I made it up, but think it is probably the classic.  I havn't tried pineapple in tacos, etc., but have seen recipes so must one day, love it, DH not so much, would just leave it out of his.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was so tired yesterday after the pups getting me up too early three days in a row, and working in the garden all three days, that thankfully, there was one container of pea soup left in the freezer, so gave that to DH along with toasted English muffins with two cheeses and a little seasoning in the mayo, broiled until melted, he loved it, by then it was 8:00, and I went to bed, lol.  I have no clue tonight, so may get something while I am out taking the pups to the groomer for nail clipping, they won't let me do it, lol.

Happy Weekend to everyone! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Husband and I ate at Bob Evans today.   The only thing I’ve cooked this week was a pot of brown beans.   Trucker girl has been out for a week and will be in tomorrow.   She can choose between fried chicken or baked pork chops tomorrow, and she can cook a steak for me on Sunday!