Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT KIND OF TURKEY DID YOU BUY? Expensive? Cheap, Fresh Frozen? Big? Little?

[ Edited ]

No frozen national brands for me anymore! I only buy fresh now. We have quite a few turkey farms around where I live. It was "processed" last Tuesday and I picket it up Thursday. We had our Thanksgiving this past Saturday and everyone just loved the turkey! A fresh one has such a different but so much better taste! If you all are able to buy fresh, go for it! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT KIND OF TURKEY DID YOU BUY? Expensive? Cheap, Fresh Frozen? Big? Little?

I guess nobody here raises turkeys!  You'd think someone would!  

Honored Contributor

Sooner wrote:

I guess nobody here raises turkeys!  You'd think someone would!  

Yeah, well, when it comes to animals this is one area where I'm a bit of a hypocrite.   I eat them, but I could never kill them.  If the time came when I would have to kill them, I will go veg.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Shady Brook Farms Fresh Turkey, the best ever!

Honored Contributor

We are going to my cousin's on Thanksgiving and also to celebrate my uncle's 95th birthday. He's doing great!

My son is in London editing a move - they are on location and won't be back until a few days before Christmas.

I'll be with SO and friends in the Adirondacks on the weekend...I am picking up a fresh turkey breast from the food co-op. It's my chance to make Thanksgiving all over again.

We LOVE turkey!

Honored Contributor

Hi terrier!  Nice seein' ya.  Hope you have a wonderful time with the fam.   We love turkey, too.   

Trusted Contributor

We bought a Honeysuckle White bone-in turkey breast that Aldi's had as a special buy.

Some of the forum members here had mentioned that Aldi's had them, and I checked at our store because I was interested in picking up a turkey breast for us, so that is what I did. Smiley Happy

Thanks again to those members who mentioned that they were available at Aldi's. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 wrote:

We bought a Honeysuckle White bone-in turkey breast that Aldi's had as a special buy.

Some of the forum members here had mentioned that Aldi's had them, and I checked at our store because I was interested in picking up a turkey breast for us, so that is what I did. Smiley Happy

Thanks again to those members who mentioned that they were available at Aldi's. Heart

@Toppers3 a couple of Thanksgivings ago I bought mine from Aldi's and it was delicious (I made it in the crock pot).  I intend to go back and get another one this year to use for my lunches for work.  The meat just falls off the bone, enjoy my friend!

Honored Contributor

I have a 24 lb Honeysuckle which is thawing.  I'll also do a 9 lb breast in the crockpot.  Our son loves my turkey and wants Thanksgiving leftovers for the next week like he had growing up!  DH is just as bad!

Honored Contributor

butterball.....frozen......because we have always gotten good results.

slightly over 20 pounds.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein