Honored Contributor

I have a new VM that I use all the time. Just as Sooner said about the things she does in it, I do much the same. I make nut butters, nut milks, grind grains into flour, make smoothies everyday too. I have the 32 oz container that I use for smaller batches as well as the dry container for the flours. This summer I will be making pesto and tomato sauces. On my list to try are the soups and ice creams. thx sooner for the tip on the soups!!

Respected Contributor

I bought mine about 3 years ago - love it !  Just 2 in my family but I make lots of smoothies for ME !  If it ever broke, I'd buy another one.  It just all depends on what you think you will use it for I guess.

Respected Contributor

I'm probably the only one I know that burned one up after the warranty was up.  I had to buy one right away as soon as it died.

I use mine a lot.  I make lots of banana/chocolate ice cream.  It also makes mousse, puddings, scrambled and pancake batter light and very fluffy.

I make bread crumbs and cracker crumbs with mine.  It's great to put all the ingredients in for pumpkin pie filling and whip it up.  It's easier to clean than a mixer and beaters.

Some things I have not tried are to make peanut butter or soups. 

Honored Contributor

I have a Vitamix and a Ninja (bought on closeout from QVC for 40.00).  The Vitamix is much faster and easier to use.  You grab the pitcher, dump the stuff in and whir away.  The Ninja has this big bulky heavy motor that has to sit on top, and the cutting blades are usually buried somewhere so I don't get cut.  I just go back to the Vitamix. 

Contributor

I would answer with a resounding YES!

I had been saving for a vitamix for just about a year and after much research, decided I wanted to hold out for the 7500 model.  When I had enough money I started to look for sales, hoping for a TSV on that model or a Costco deal.  As you mentioned, Costco won and I was able to purchase the 7500 model super package with the $60 off two weeks ago.

It arrived last Monday (4/11) and I have used it 3-6 times a day every day I've had it. I've made smoothies, ice cream, soups, sunflower seed butter, ground flaxseeds (dry container), powdered sugar (dry container), chopped onions and carrots and peppers and made homemade almond milk.....just to name a few. Smiley Wink  I LOVE it!  Clean up is truly a breeze, it's quieter but much more poweful than my old cuisinart blender and it's extremely versatile.  I love the large, wide, 64oz container (I have four children 10 and under) so I often cook in bulk, but I'll be saving up to purchase the 32oz wet container so I can do smaller batches of dressings and marinades etc.

As far as I know, the sale runs until 5/8, so my advice is to check out some Youtube videos, read some reviews and look into the vitamix enthusiasts facebook group.  If you have the money I think the vitamix is a sound and useful purchase!

Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamix-worth to it?

[ Edited ]

I'm just the one of me and I love it BUT I do use it for soup and shaved ice, and food processing for cooking and baking.  If your friends are just going for smoothies, in my opinion, the Vitamix is overkill for that and you could probably get them something less expensive.  BUT, if you think they'll grow into it and use some of the other features eventually, you can't beat it.  

Respected Contributor

My original Vita Mix I gave away when it was about 20 years old and the gift recipient blesses me constantly because it still works great.

Now it is well over that 20 year mark and still performs to-date, with no problems at all.

I purchased 2 Vita Mixes for both my indoor kitchen areas and use them constantly.

When I unexpectedly became a widow I found myself using it even more to make hot soups, and smoothies, because I knew I had to eat and drink  to maintain some strength even though I was grieving the loss of my beloved husband.

Whether using it for 1 person, a couple, or a family, I would definitely replace my Vita Mix multi function machines if they ever broke.

They are extremely well built, and from my long pro year experience with them, I can happily say they do last.

This is one multi kitchen appliance you will cherish, and constantly use.....so it is $ very well spent.

Honored Contributor

I got mine last January and probably used it almost everyday. It makes my kale/blueberry/banana/almond milk shake every morning. Do I like to drink it? Not really. I do it because i think it is good for me. 

I have use it for more tasty smoothies but that is rare. I have never used it for soups or anythng else.  I still think it is worth it for the kale shake along.