Regular Contributor

Re: Vitamix vs Other Blenders

Whether I am purchasing a tool for the kitchen or use on an automobile, I not only want it to last thanks to high quality but I want M-I-A or as close as possible. When you watch the other networks or infomercials with substantially cheaper blenders, multiple reasons exist for such a price. They are not M-I-A and are essentially throw away goods. Over three hundred dollars for a VM is a lot of money and some people can't afford it but I'd rather purchase one and be done rather than dropping coin every few years. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the answers, but back to the original question.  Are there any other blenders that specifically state that they can turn whole grains into flour?

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal:  Did you know there is a class action suit re: the Vitamix blades (flecks coming off).   There is information on another thread here.  It applies to certain years and numbers on the blades.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee  Thanks, I did see that but I wasn't sure about bothering to pursue.  I don't really use it anymore so not sure it would be worth the hassle.  I believe they will just send a new blade that you have to install, not a big deal but I think they should replace the whole pitcher.  JMO  That would hlep the blade but not the totally stained plastic pitcher.

Honored Contributor

We had about every kind of blender you can buy before we got our Vitamix 5200 reconditioned one from the company about 7 or 8 years ago.  We use it a lot and if it broke tomorrow I'd order another one immediately.  

No blender we ever had even comes close to what the Vitamix will do, and cleaning it has never been a problem. 

Honored Contributor

ITA with Sooner.

As to the blade possible issue - I received a postcard in the mail a week or so ago.  Finally, today, I did the claim online.  Takes like a minute.  Or, you can return the postcard in the mail.   I just prefer doing it online and not having something like a thin postcard possibly get lost.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Love our Vitamix.  I purchased our Pro Series 200 many years ago when I worked at a cooking/demo store. The color was being discontinued, so along with the great price, I also had my employee discount.  We have the grain grinder. My husband uses it frequently. He made bread a week ago. Besides using our own sourdough starter, he ground soft white wheat berry into flour along with hard white wheat berry. There was also some spelt flour and bread flour in the flour combo.  The grinder unit works very well. Doesn't bog down at all. The Vitamix motor can handle grinding flour and anything else you can mix or grind.  Have made peanut butter, soups, sauces, smoothies, etc. Very easy to clean.  You can go wrong with a Vitamix. It lasts where other blenders die out and have to replace them. And although we have never had to use them (have never had a problme with our Vitamix) the CS is excellent from what I have read.