Trusted Contributor
Hello foodies, Anybody have an issue with their vitamix that they've purchased from the Q? I've had mine for a while, I certainly don't over use the machine. Basically smoothies, soups etc. Today I made potato leek soup. I roasted the veggies until they'd were soft and out them in the vitamix with some chicken stock to smooth them and the machine stopped. It hadn't been running for more than a minute when it happened. I was floored. I could smell that electric funny smell that comes when something overheats so I unplugged the machine, let it cool down and finished the soup in my 20 year old cuisinart food processor. When I was done I plugged the vitamin back in and it did start up, I cleaned it out and out it away. Should I send this thing for service? I'm not hard on my appliances and I take great care in storing and cleaning. I'm kind of baffled that this happened and wondered if this has happened to anyone else?
Super Contributor

I have never had any problem with mine but yes you need to call them and they will send you a box to ship it back to them for repair. Hope this helps.