Frequent Contributor

My Vitamix and mother nature had a little fight Smiley Sad

Wind came roaring thru the window and knocked the container on it's bottom. Needless to say I am so upset right now as my Vitamix is officially down. I was actually afraid to pick it up off the floor for fear of what I would see. I was hopeful, however it has a pretty good crack. And to think I thought this thing was going to last me a lifetime Smiley Happy.

Not sure if I want to replace the container or get another blender.  Any recommendations on a good but inexpensive blender that would handle the making of green smoothies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamix and mother nature

So the container is cracked, not the base---get another container. You can go to eb^ay and buy a container for alot less than buying another mediocre blender. I have a wrench that will unscrew the blades and got them both on eb%ay.  Works just fine and is not difficult to do.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@vonIam wrote:

My Vitamix and mother nature had a little fight Smiley Sad

Wind came roaring thru the window and knocked the container on it's bottom. Needless to say I am so upset right now as my Vitamix is officially down. I was actually afraid to pick it up off the floor for fear of what I would see. I was hopeful, however it has a pretty good crack. And to think I thought this thing was going to last me a lifetime Smiley Happy.

Not sure if I want to replace the container or get another blender.  Any recommendations on a good but inexpensive blender that would handle the making of green smoothies.

@vonIam  I'm really sorry that happened.  I just spoke with Vitamix and was told they may be able to help you with special pricing.  Give them a call at 1-800-848-2649, they are open for another hour and open Saturday from 9am - 5pm EST.  I hope this helps.  

Melvin, Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Why would you even consider buying a cheap blender instead of just replacing the container? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

melvin

so awesome you took the time to get an answer to OP's problem.

nice job!!!

Respected Contributor

@Vonlam, call the friendly folks at Vitamix: they replaced my container even though I broke it....

My glucose was low and I needed breakfast fast. I was using a spoon to scoop out avocado for a smoothie. This spoon slipped and catapulted out of my hand-and I thought it was behind my counter.....it wasn't! The Vitamix make this awful sound-shards of plastic went into the air-and bright green smoothies was....everywhere!

I got my credit card out and called Vitamix. My machine was under warranty-and I love Vitamix. I told them what happened, and I certainly did not expect them to pay for a replacement, but they did!

Poodlepet2

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melvin-QVC, Thanks, I will give them a call again. I called before and was told that the container was $140 something and that I was nearing the end of my warranty and could extend for $130 something. My husband recently had a stroke and as a result we are down to one income. So needless to say every dollar counts.

However we are definitely missing our morning smoothies :-(

Thanks again

Frequent Contributor

@wagirl, I thought of doing just that. Saw on Amazon a container for $41. But then after reading some reviews it seems as if alot of people have leaks after switching out the blade, and I was afraid this would happen to me. If I can't find another option I may try it anyway.

@jaxs mom, I understand what you are saying, but given my current situation this is more of a want, not a need. So I'm trying to spend wisely :-). I have a Wolfgang blender (not the commercial one) that will make your basic smoothie but it will not handle the greens. So green smoothies are out of the question for now. I figured I'd try something inexpensive and if it didn't work I could return. Since the stroke we have been having green smoothies every day in hopes that it helps with recovery, with that said I may end up buying the container anyways.

@Poodlepet2, I'll definitely be calling again. Maybe the outcome will be more affordable.

Thank You all for your responses.

Honored Contributor

von---I have NEVER had any leaking problems AT ALL and I switch out the blades from my 64 oz container to the 32 oz one with no issues at all. You just have to make sure to tighten it and using that wrench makes it very easy. I make sure everything is clean and dry too. Easy peasy.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melvin-QVC, So I called Vitamix and was told they'd sell me one for $95. Still more than I wanted to spend. Her response was that there was nothing in my file that says QVC would stand up for me but this is what we can do....  Not exactly sure what she meant by that, seeing how I only told her that someone from Q suggested I call.

@wagirl, looks like I'll be giving your way a try. Cross your fingers and hope it works for me :-). I'll keep you posted.

@Poodlepet2, I didn't get that lucky :-)