Super Contributor

Re: Vitamix, Ninja, and Immersion Blender

On 3/25/2015 lacey1 said:
On 3/25/2015 santorini said:

On 3/25/2015 lacey1 said:

I have no desire to take it apart. After you do all that rinsing with soap and bleach-you probably could've run half a dishwasher cycle. I don't grind meat very often, but when I do-I'll use the food processor.

I agree and not only that but the grind quality I prefer comes from the food processor unless I use my dedicated meat grinder but food processor is easier to process and clean.

Contributor

I have vitamix and immersion blender. I use the immersion blender to ""smooth"" soups on the stovetop. I think a host (David?) when making a soup said put in the vitamix (from the stove) to make it smooth. I cringed! Unsafe to start with and then a mess! I don't have and see no need for me to have a ninja.
Trusted Contributor

I've never had a Ninja, but my sister does, and I can't think of anything I would use it for that my Vitamix can't do. However, I do like to use my immersion blender for soups because it is so easy to blend large quantities of soup right in the pot rather than transfer it to the blender in several batches. However, if I am making a smaller amount of soup, the Vitamix is great for that.

Honored Contributor

I only use my immersion blender for pureeing soups in the pot or when I want to make small amounts of whipped cream or emulsions like salad dressing. I use my Vitamix for all other blending tasks. I don't own a Ninja.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval