Respected Contributor

Vintage Cuisinart - Does anyone here still own one?

i think i got it in '82-83.  mine is a DLC-7. i have the two booklets that came with it. James Beard is on the cover.

The motor burned out in the late 80s and it was replaced.   i have all the blades and it still works .

the smoke colored plastic bowl and top sections stick and are difficult to connect .  wondering if there is a remedy for that other than cooking oil. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Vintage Cuisinart - Does anyone here still own one?

sorry just noticed there is a food processor discussion.  had a chuckle about hitting the bowl with a mallet...mine sticks too

Esteemed Contributor

Gave mine to DS and fiancee. Vintage 1985 bridal shower gift fom ex-MIL.  Doesm't Ina Garten use an older Cuisinart food processor on her show?

Honored Contributor

I'm chuckling that something made in '82-'83 is considered "vintage"! Woman Very Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I'm chuckling that something made in '82-'83 is considered "vintage"! Woman Very Happy

A quick Google search...a lot of hits are considering 

'vintage' as 20yrs or older, so...OP is spot on!

Respected Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i think i got it in '82-83.  mine is a DLC-7. i have the two booklets that came with it. James Beard is on the cover.

The motor burned out in the late 80s and it was replaced.   i have all the blades and it still works .

the smoke colored plastic bowl and top sections stick and are difficult to connect .  wondering if there is a remedy for that other than cooking oil. 

Check on their website to see if you can still purchase a new workbowl and pusher assembly for that model.  I had a dlc 7 super pro, bowl was cracked and sooo hard to connect, had a plain mixing bowl and the top cracked.  Yep i had the discs too.  Heavy as a brick.  Was going to cost about a $100 to replace bowls etc.  I got rid of it and got a smaller fp.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I had mine when they first were a thing in the early 80's. Had it for 20 years and used the dickens out of it. Got a TFal one as a gift and threw that stupid thing out , was so useless and cheap. Went back to Cuisinart for a new 11 cup classic model a few years ago. It is hard to get the bowl and lid to fit. But still use it alot. Just waiting for a new blade!!

Honored Contributor

I got one for a shower gift in 1983 and stupidly donated it about 15 years ago because the plastic on the "bowls" would no longer lock (thus the machine would not operate.)  Never even realized I should have tried to replace them.

I replaced it with another Cuisinart, but I liked the original better.  They have made the safety features even more of a pain in the neck and it can be cumbersome to use.  My original was like Ina's.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have that Cuisinart. I was lucky enough to get an extra bowl with it which I still have and not used. I mostly use it to make pesto, hummous and slice cucumbers for pickles. Would not replace it unless it quit working.

Honored Contributor

I think I got mine in 1989 or1990.  The bowl cracked recently and the replacement cost $30, but the motor is still going strong.

~ house cat ~