Respected Contributor

Re: Very moist dressing or drier?

Moist - so my slow cooker recipe suits me & DH o a T!  He adds gravy, I don't need it.

Denise
Honored Contributor

We both like drier dressing made with cubes of cornbread, sauteed onions and celery, Italian herbs, salt and pepper, and chicken broth sometimes thickened a little with mushroom soup--maybe half a can.

We like giblet gravy with turkey broth but no turkey drippings that have grease in them, and neither of us like dressing cooked in the turkey or with eggs and much if any sage in it.  

So we like dry crispy dressing with stock and giblet gravy, low fat--NO drippings. We have added mushrooms or a little hot sausage at times, but not much and it's not the "norm."

Honored Contributor

I like mine crispy on top but moist in the center.  Not too moist though because then I won't eat it.  It's a texture thing if it's too moist.

And no gray. The only thing I put a tiny bit of gravy on is the miniscule piece of turkey I feel like I have to eat on Thanksgiving.  I'm not a turkey fan at all.  I prefer to eat stuffing and mashed potatoes.  

Yep.  I might be a carboholic.  LOL