Honored Contributor

Re: Very Tempted by the Todays TSV...Are There Any Cons About It

[ Edited ]

Knocked out a chunk of my Christmas shopping - I ordered four plus four of the cookbooks!

Honored Contributor

You make a good point about the NuWave, I'm sure the lid is a bit heavy, plus you need room to  pull it up off the base.

@Wackers3  It's not just David, with the colors & # sold.  You should have watched at midnight.   Jane was like a little hummingbird running back & forth from the Chef doing the cooking to the display of colors, it was actually comical.  She probably to in her steps for the day in that one hour.

@Wackers3 wrote:

Don't forget that you basically have 3 months to decide if you would really use it.  Anything bought now can be returned until 1/31/2017.  That is a good amount of time to judge how useful it would be for you.

Although the warranty might seem short, QVC is pretty good about exchanging defective products beyond the 30 day normal return time.  They do stand behind their products better than most companies.

At least that has been my experience.

I personally found the NuWave very clumsy.  It is very large and having to remove the heavy top portion to check on the food, turn it over, etc. was really awkward or so I found.  Am sure many love it but these AF are so much more convenient and simple to use in comparison.

Contributor

I have the CE air fryer from March and that was my second air fryer and today I just ordered the larger one! Size is important, even though I only cook for two! No more taking turns eating! I make English muffins with egg in a bowl and one sausage patty and there was no room in the small AF. Same thing with French toast, only 2 slices at a time! Even homemade pizza rolls or even reheating a slice of pizza! I think the bigger size also cuts down on cooking separate dishes where as you can combine them. Mine sits on my counter and sometimes gets used 3 times a day so no hiding it! My first AF cost $299 when they first came out 3 years ago and I had no regrets after the first week and at TSV price you can't beat it! Besides, you have untill the end of January to try it out!

Honored Contributor

@tbearski wrote:

I have the CE air fryer from March and that was my second air fryer and today I just ordered the larger one! Size is important, even though I only cook for two! No more taking turns eating! I make English muffins with egg in a bowl and one sausage patty and there was no room in the small AF. Same thing with French toast, only 2 slices at a time! Even homemade pizza rolls or even reheating a slice of pizza! I think the bigger size also cuts down on cooking separate dishes where as you can combine them. Mine sits on my counter and sometimes gets used 3 times a day so no hiding it! My first AF cost $299 when they first came out 3 years ago and I had no regrets after the first week and at TSV price you can't beat it! Besides, you have untill the end of January to try it out!

@tbearski I never thought to try french toast in the air fryer . . . guess what I am having for breakfast tomorrow . . . thanks for the idea!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Some of the foods Meredith cooked I thought did represent the larger basket size ( as did David holding the two baskets next to each other)  That turkey breast, the chicken and the salmon were three good examples of what would not fit in the AF I have (Emeril's)  

I decided to spring for it to have the larger capacity.  I also like the digital functions and that 5 minute quick cook will be convenient.  

I am going to try the french toast too as well as the egg, english muffin and sausage in a dish once I get it.  Actually if I am making just one of each, they should fit in the 3.5 AF I have.  I love the ideas we get from other posters --- gives us so many more ideas.

I did see Jane at midnight and had to turn it off as she was wound as tight as a drum.  For some reason, there are a few hosts who are obsessed with showing colors every few minutes while other hosts don't seem so hung up about it.  I was so interested in seeing all the things that Meredith prepared that it did get to me today to see her constantly interrupted.  Sometimes I wonder if they think their viewers won't order if the colors are reviewed every few minutes and that is just silly, imo anyway.  Most have a pretty good idea of the colors we prefer.  Plus the CS reps know all the choices and the website has them all - just seems so ridiculous to keep interrupting the vendor or in this case, the chef, to repeatedly show the colors over and over and over.  I do enjoy David but he is about the worst when it comes to that preoccupation.  Okay I am over it and will say no more.

Here's to air frying no matter what size we each have!!

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

I also agree. This will turn a person into house bound household drudge. I am so trying not to buy any more, how much can one house hold. And not to mention how much do these items weight. And good gravy how much can our counters hold. No one asks, and then as time goes on, how do we move these items by one's self??

@BeccaLou  What are you basing your assumptions on?  How does an appliance one chooses to use turn them into a housebound drudge?  Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.  As for the weight, the air fryer is just under 12 lbs.  That isn't overly heavy.  No one is obligated to keep the fryer on their counter if they don't want to.  People are smart enough to know if the fryer will work in their lifestyle, but owning one certainly doesn't label them as a drudge.  SMH

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I sent mine back too. It's not that it's a bad product, but I didn't feel it was worth my counter space. After trying it out and really thinking about what I'd use it for I decided that it wasn't worth the money or counter space FOR ME though it may be to others. I felt my Breville Smart Oven in convection mode would pretty much mimic the function of the air fryer.