Honored Contributor

Very Interesting Dishes By State

[ Edited ]

I can't give you the link, but there is list of "Best Easter Recipes By State", which was done and tested by America's Test Kitchens".

I was very disappointed in our states "most" beloved item.  I make nothing with instant chocolate pudding!

I got a hot fruit compote for a crock pot which can be used with meat, over ice cream and cake among others!

Honored Contributor

Re: Very Interesting Dishes By State

OK - cinnamon raisin quick bread

Honored Contributor

WV was Easter egg bread; am 99% positive no one in my family has ever had it, or made it.   

Honored Contributor

Cheese, bratwurst, and beer in Wisconsin.  That just about covers this state year-round.  Along with the ubiquitous cream puffs at the Wisconsin State Fair.

Honored Contributor

I checked it out for kicks and, while some of the recipes were not appealing to me, there was a Cauliflower Au Gratin that sounded really nice.  I printed that one out.

Thank You!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I just finished eating my dinner but looking at some of these recipes has me hungry!  Thanks@ECBG for posting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG, @GingerPeach, @JeanLouiseFinch,

When I started writing this, your posts were still here, so I'll go ahead and offer my observation in case it's helpful.😊

The hyperlink issue involves where the link takes us,

not whether we post the specific URL

or use the toolbar icon to embed it in descriptive text.

If it's a "live link" that we can tap or click,

and the destination site is selling goods or services on any section of the website,

my experience is that it's likely it will be removed.  

I've noticed many, if not most, YouTube links are problematic now that more and more are a retail storefront, evidently considered to be identical to hyperlinking to any other external commercial site.
And a growing number of sites enticing us with informational content have shopping carts and retail store sections, or they use links to redirect us earning commissions from such things as the Amazon Affiliate Program.

The key is to let the readers know how to search for the article,  video, etc., the way @ECBG thoughtfully did 😊...

or post the link in a way that it's not a hyperlink.  

In this case, I believe this will be permitted because it's not "clickable" or "tappable" -- readers will need to copy and paste in order to use it:

tasteofhome.com/collection/most-popular-easter-recipes-state/  

I've posted this explanation before, but after reading the comments and questions that went away before I could finish my very slow writing😉, I wanted to try and help.  
Hope it makes sense, and I hope everyone is enjoying a peaceful evening.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @dooBdoo 

Just as I thought.

It made no sense a link leading to a site with ads would not be removed just because it appeared different.

Nevertheless, some of the recipes look intriguing, Easter or anytime. Thank you, @ECBG 

Get well wishes, @dooBdoo, and may the road to feeling better be smooth and pleasant!

0BE5100E-7AE6-4382-B85F-CB92F15D3B5F.jpeg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Some of those look really good, but I've never had the one for my home state in my life.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

SO VERY wonderful to hear from you!  Thank you very much for all of the directions you took the time to write.

I'm not as good on computers as you are, but DH is a pro with a physics degree.  I'll have him read this and occasionally, um.....sometimes........he can help me!

You are always more than kind to lend help.  Many thanks sent with a bushel of love!Smiley Happy

I hope you are doing well!Smiley Happy