Occasional Contributor

Very Disappointed, shipping reduced today on item ordered a week ago and no credit to my account

Very disappointed with QVC.

I ordered the Instant Counter Tempered Glass Burner Cover about a week ago (K40793). The shipping and handling was $8.22, today the price for the item is the same as I paid, but the shipping is now $5.

Spoke to Customer Service and they will not refund the difference, unlike most merchant that would give a credit if there is any price drop in less than 30 days. Customer Service at it's worse!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Very Disappointed, shipping reduced today on item ordered a week ago and no credit to my account

Reducing the shipping is not a price drop. For each item, you have a price and then you have a cost to ship it. QVC does refund the difference if the price drops within 30 days of purchase. Shipping is not included in the price of the item.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Re: Very Disappointed, shipping reduced today on item ordered a week ago and no credit to my account

Lots of merchants say in their ads that new prices apply only to new sales. Just a week ago, people were here complaining Amazon refused to give people who had just paid $99 for Prime a reduction to $72 on the sale day. Macys frequently included a line in their sale brochures that no adjustments on previous sales will be made.

I think QVC should just stick to their guns. This is a new policy and they shouldn't go back even an hour!

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 betteb said:

Reducing the shipping is not a price drop. For each item, you have a price and then you have a cost to ship it. QVC does refund the difference if the price drops within 30 days of purchase. Shipping is not included in the price of the item.

Well said.
Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 millieshops said:

I think QVC should just stick to their guns. This is a new policy and they shouldn't go back even an hour!

I agree. (I edited your OP millie, hope that's okay)

QVC shoppers, just be happy and let's all move forward.------>>>

Super Contributor

OP, you just said the price of the product hadn't changed. Why would you even think that the shipping should be reduced??? Doesn't make sense. Some people will complain about anything! Sheesh.
Occasional Contributor

Appreciate all of your comments. The sale for Amazon Prime was stated that it was one day only on all of the promotion materials, so no one should have expected a refund after the one day sale.

Not the same situation with those of us that ordered this item before the drop in shipping prices. I agree that some companies state that they will not refund lower shipping costs, but that has not been the policy of QVC, nor has QVC ever stated that policy anywhere. Just my opinion. QVC had been raising the prices of the items in the cases where the shipping is now reduced. In the case of this item, they did not raise the price, but they did reduce the shipping which in my humble opinion is not the way to treat customers.

Honored Contributor

I posted this on a different thread. I ordered a necklace from HSN a couple of years ago, and paid about $6.00 in shipping and handling. The following week this item was offered with free shipping. I did call and ask about it, but was told No, they would not adjust, because it was shipping and handling, and not the price of the item. Fair enough.
Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 nyorker said:

Appreciate all of your comments. The sale for Amazon Prime was stated that it was one day only on all of the promotion materials, so no one should have expected a refund after the one day sale.

Not the same situation with those of us that ordered this item before the drop in shipping prices. I agree that some companies state that they will not refund lower shipping costs, but that has not been the policy of QVC, nor has QVC ever stated that policy anywhere. Just my opinion. QVC had been raising the prices of the items in the cases where the shipping is now reduced. In the case of this item, they did not raise the price, but they did reduce the shipping which in my humble opinion is not the way to treat customers.

I understand what you're saying. But you have to look at the whole picture.

Shipping is reduced effective 12:01 a.m. on______________.

They shouldn't have to go back and refund shipping on everything purchased from inventory for the prior 30 days. Right??

It wouldn't be just you getting a refund from the 'week before', it would be everybody.

And then everybody who purchased from QVC prior to the prior 30 days would say 'Hey, I bought this and that right before they did that 30 day prior refund.

And on and on.

So the good news is, from this day forward, you will be paying the reduced shipping.

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2015 Lucky charm said:
On 2/3/2015 nyorker said:

I understand what you're saying. But you have to look at the whole picture.

Shipping is reduced effective 12:01 a.m. on______________.

They shouldn't have to go back and refund shipping on everything purchased from inventory for the prior 30 days. Right??

It wouldn't be just you getting a refund from the 'week before', it would be everybody.

And then everybody who purchased from QVC prior to the prior 30 days would say 'Hey, I bought this and that right before they did that 30 day prior refund.

And on and on.

So the good news is, from this day forward, you will be paying the reduced shipping.

I agree!