Honored Contributor

I just put on a big pot of soup.  I'm going to be too busy to do much cooking next week ... so I thought I'd make enough to freeze.  I've made this before using other meats ... First time for chicken.  I want to try it with ground lamb next time.

I saw a recipe for turkey burgers w/spinach and feta cheese and it gave me an idea.  I really like spinach salad with feta cheese and balsamic dressing ... so I started from there ...

I prefer ground chicken to ground turkey, so I substituted the chicken and added a lot of feta and a lot of chopped spinach and made small (1") meatballs and browned them in olive oil. 

Added chopped onions, garlic  Added two  white potatoes slices, two sweet potatoes sliced, 1/2 lb of baby carrots, 1 can of Ortega mild chopped green chili peppers.  Then my usual vegetable bullion, balsamic vinegar and a heaping tbs of garam masala, and enough water to cover everything.   It has to simmer for an hour or two.

I'll add curry powder if I think it needs it at the end.  The chili peppers might be enough "heat."  Carrots and sweet potatoes add a nice "sweet" taste to the soup.

Verdict on outcome in a couple of hours!  

Trusted Contributor

Can't wait to hear the outcome!!  It seems like it would be a really delicious soup.