Super Contributor

Re: Vegan hot dog recommendations?

On 7/7/2014 KringleB said:

benzgirl talk to the stores you shop at and ask them to start carrying it. They don't know there is a customer demand for something unless someone asks........it can't hurt and you just might be surprised at the response. I've done it with great success I'm on my way to the store right now to get some myself. Good luck!!!

Kringle...I asked someone back in meat department and he walked with me out toward the front of the store to see if he could find them. Then he asked another employee who said that they used to carry them but no longer do because there wasn't much demand for them. He suggested I try another Kroger that's (about) 20 miles away. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 Vamp said:

If anyone likes corn dogs, I really enjoy Morningstar Farms Veggie Corn Dogs. 1 minute in the microwave, they are not greasy at all, and 75% less fat that an all-beef corn dog. I won't eat traditional hot dogs either...the thought of it grosses me out.

Vamp...I will try finding Morning Star on my next outing. Smiley Wink
Valued Contributor

On 7/7/2014 benzgirl said:
On 7/7/2014 Vamp said:

If anyone likes corn dogs, I really enjoy Morningstar Farms Veggie Corn Dogs. 1 minute in the microwave, they are not greasy at all, and 75% less fat that an all-beef corn dog. I won't eat traditional hot dogs either...the thought of it grosses me out.

Vamp...I will try finding Morning Star on my next outing. Smiley Wink
Benzgirl, MorningStar is not vegan, it is vegetarian. The only exception is their Vegan Prime burgers. I had to give their line, and Boca, up when diagnosed with egg & dairy allergies. I also learned the hard way that Stoneybrook Farm's O'Soy yogurts were really cow milk-based. Just an FYI.
Super Contributor

Wow. I'm cleaning up my diet and these ideas are great ladies. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Not sure totally, but Amy's at the grocery store, has some good foods and I think Boca has some Vegan burgers. You may just want to ramble around that area at the store (freezer area). Not sure if you Googled it or not, but I think some would come up for you to check on.