Honored Contributor

I'm another who enjoys Valerie's shows. Don't care for Trisha or Ree and that's not being passive aggressive just a difference in taste.

Honored Contributor

I relate more to the recipes Ree and Trisha prepare, but am not fond of their style in the kitchen.  

I am not "entertained" watching Trisha and Beth, or Trisha and anyone else "cook" in her kitchen.   

I enjoy Valerie's cooking style the most, and like the shows where she's alone in her kitchen the best.   

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I take your post as a passive aggressive knock to Pioneer Woman? Is that who you meant?  I enjoy Ree, Valerie and Trish. 

@LizzieInSRQ    Now I've heard everything.  Liking somebody's cooking show is passive-aggressive?  What an imagination. 

No, ones cooking show is not passive aggressive. The post was.. The way the original post was written, was not just complimenting but comparingly "unlike others who" and I wanted to know if she meant the Pioneer Woman because it was not clear in a passive aggressive way who the other farm-like cooks were. To those who are unhappy I asked, I say I was direct in my question when trying to understand why it's mentioned. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie's Home Cooking

[ Edited ]

@LizzieInSRQ There are a few cooks, not only present but in past shows, who have or have simply thrown ingredients together, with really no teaching involved. I'm basically referring to what I call the farm style shows--just throwing stuff together.

I purposely didn't mention names because people would have been upset if I had. So I didn't and someone got upset anyway.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I relate more to the recipes Ree and Trisha prepare, but am not fond of their style in the kitchen.  

I am not "entertained" watching Trisha and Beth, or Trisha and anyone else "cook" in her kitchen.   

I enjoy Valerie's cooking style the most, and like the shows where she's alone in her kitchen the best.   

@RedTop I like watching Trisha and her sister cook, and talk about their family and where certain recipes came from.

Contributor

I agree with you Ladybug724!  The comment right after yours was totally uncalled for.  Just like a little kid stirring up trouble. Go Ladybug 724!

Honored Contributor

I like Valerie and Trisha; Ree, not so much.  

No big deal really.

Respected Contributor

@Karjoh wrote:

I agree with you Ladybug724!  The comment right after yours was totally uncalled for.  Just like a little kid stirring up trouble. Go Ladybug 724!

@Karjoh Thank you that's sweet!

But it's okay--she felt she was defending her favorites, I get it

Trusted Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@Ladybug724 

I agree with you.

Don't understand that passive agressive comment, I have no idea why most people read more into what you write.

That's true for almost all threads written here, everyone thinks you have a hidden agenda to your comments and you need to defend every single word.  Makes it no fun to post anything.

@Just Bling And then people wonder why the boards are getting boring. This is why I don't start many threads.

I totally agree. Even the most casual, fun thread can become so combative and ugly....I just don't understand.🙁

I also agree about Valerie's show. She's so fun and easy going....her recipes seem fairly doable with easy to get ingredients. I'm tired of the competition style cooking shows on Food Network. I miss the old 30 Minute Meals with Rachel Ray....I liked Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade...and I do enjoy The Pioneer Woman as well. To each their own.😊

Contributor

Yes grandma Petes, her remark was not right.   Ridiculous.