Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Love this show!I love how Valerie teaches while she's cooking--she doesn't just throw the most decadent ingredients she can think of together in a dish and call it a day like some of the farm-type shows. She teaches.

Same with Trisha Yearwood. I like her because many times she explains the rich heritage of her recipes. She didn't find any of them on TIk Tok

Respected Contributor

I take your post as a passive aggressive knock to Pioneer Woman? Is that who you meant?  I enjoy Ree, Valerie and Trish. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie's Home Cooking

[ Edited ]

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I take your post as a passive aggressive knock to Pioneer Woman? Is that who you meant?  I enjoy Ree, Valerie and Trish. 

No, I like the shows I mentioned and for the reasons I mentioned.

I like learning from cooking shows.

People like different styles of cooking shows. I was just expressing how much I like Valerie's approach as opposed to others.

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 

I agree with you.

Don't understand that passive agressive comment, I have no idea why most people read more into what you write.

That's true for almost all threads written here, everyone thinks you have a hidden agenda to your comments and you need to defend every single word.  Makes it no fun to post anything.

Honored Contributor

So what if she doesn't like one show or another ?  I don't care for the Pioneer woman's recipes, I think most of them are gross. Is that aggressive or just my opinion, and why would anyone care ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Ladybug724 

I agree with you.

Don't understand that passive agressive comment, I have no idea why most people read more into what you write.

That's true for almost all threads written here, everyone thinks you have a hidden agenda to your comments and you need to defend every single word.  Makes it no fun to post anything.

@Just Bling And then people wonder why the boards are getting boring. This is why I don't start many threads.

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 

Add Molly to the list, her smile is so infectious!

I love her sprinkles too.   Last time I made cupcakes, I can't believe it I took my sprinkles out of the cabinet and sprinkled them allover the top!

I even bought more sprinkles like I don't have enough in my cabinets.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling I'm a sprinkle fanatic!!!

Honored Contributor

Molly does great sweet baking dishes, but it's a bit too much sugar for me.  I like Valerie and Trisha's show also. I don't care that much for the Pioneer lady.  But I tried one recipe and it turned out pretty well. I have 2 of Valerie and they both were great.  Haven't tried anything from Trisha yet.

My favorite is Bobby.  Love his cooking tips.  And I've tried his easy brunch recipe.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ    Now I've heard everything.  Liking somebody's cooking show is passive-aggressive?  What an imagination. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment