Honored Contributor

Valerie's Home Cooking - August 8th

Valerie Bertinelli is the latest FN Star! Her show begins on August 8th.  I am not generally a fan of celebrity cooking shows, but I've always liked her.  It should be a fun show.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: Valerie's Home Cooking - August 8th

I hope it's better than the new Tiffani show. Although I have to say the one thing I love about that show is her "celebrity friends" that swing by for dinner.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen Tiffani.  Celebrity shows are usually a turn-off for me. I enjoy Trisha Yearwood's show, simply because she's such a lovely woman.

I hope Valerie's show is more cooking than chatting with celebs - probably not.

In any case, the line-up has been so awful lately. I'm looking forward to something new.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I actually enjoy Tiffani's show although I got off to a very slow start as I wasn't thrilled about another celebrity cooking show but I'm glad I sat down and really watched it.  She made a delicious potato salad today and I also have gotten some good tips from her.

I was surprised to see the Valerie Bertanelli one but then again I shouldn't have been.  I hope it goes well as I always enjoy her on whatever show she has been on.

I am still hoping/wishing they would bring back "What Would Brian Boitano Make".  I LOVED that show, really a fast half hour for me . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm seeing promos for Giada in Italy, starts this morning at 11 on the west coast.  I enjoy Giada, especially when she cooks with Aunt Raffi. I think I'll enjoy the Italy show.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

I'll be tuning in.  I LOVE cooking shows.  I like Tiffani's show, too.  She seems as if she really enjoys cooking and entertaining.  I love all things cooking related, so I'll give every new show a try.

Super Contributor

Here's what we can expect:

During the premiere episode, Valerie invites her Hot in Cleveland co-stars Betty White, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick over for a lunch that caters to their differing tastes. Dishes include Quiche Valerie, Italian Tuna Salad, and Grilled Romaine with Caesar-ish Dressing. Throughout the season, the tasty recipes will continue with dinners like Baked Salmon with Honey Mustard Sauce and snacks like post-workout blueberry smoothies. No matter what’s on the table in Valerie’s kitchen, it’s always served with great conversation and company

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today I watched "Southern at Heart" for the first time. What a cutie she is!  She's very easy to watch and I liked her recipes.  My husband's family is also from northern KY, which may be why I liked her so much.

ETA:  She taught me a few things and explained why she did the things she did - compared to some of the shows that are all drama and no substance.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

You know House Cat, I have to start watching Damaris's show (I was talking about this the other day with someone and this is the second good review I have heard).  I think it's been slightly retooled since it launched and if she is giving good tips that is a must see for me (I enjoy the recipes but I really enjoy hearing why you do something a certain way).

On Tiffani's show, she preheated her sheet pan in the oven before she added the carrots and glazing she was making so they would brown more evenly.  I tried it and it works.  I appreciate things like that . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

mtc, I too, am surprised how I have really grown to like Damaris, both her, AND her show!  She is smart, witty, quirky and puts a unique spin on everything she makes..

She is also very smart,  and she really CAN cook!