Trusted Contributor

VITAMIX........WHAT DO YOU LIKE

I am not willing to spend what Vitamix charges for their prouct........Although.......I understand that many love them, and what they do...........

My question here has to be.......Do you really like pulverized soup, or do you prefer to have some chunk........substance..........to your soups.........{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I prefer to see something in my soup........as I can only remember when my family had to pulverize the foods back when my grandfather had to be fed thru a feeding tube (at home) (family used an old glass jar Wearing Blender) ......and this I could see the need for Vitamix, but I can not get beyond what he was fed back when I was much younger......I have a kitchen aide ice cream maker for my mixer.......but I can not get the old thoughts out of my head.......Congrats to all who own one, and love it dearly........Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Valued Contributor

Re: VITAMIX........WHAT DO YOU LIKE

I don't make a lot of soups in my Vitamix--although I know that many do. But I DO make a lot of soups the more traditional way and since I make them frequently and my family loves them, I would say that I like them all kinds of ways--brothy, chunky, pureed, etc. Just depends on the soup.

After one year of having my Vitamix I can say that I probably use it 2-4x/week, on average. and primarily for smoothies. My kids love them and so do I.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I tried a soup recipe once just to see how it worked, but probably won't do it again. However, I have a favorite black bean soup recipe that is blended at the end. The vitamix works so much better than the stick blender I used to use. I can't believe how much I love this machine, lol. I think we recently used it four times in one day.

Honored Contributor

I love the Vitamix for soups. Here is what I do as BF doesn't like the purees, like you. If I'm making broccoli/cauliflower, for example, I roast the veggies first and then reserve HALF of them. I blend for about 5 minutes, and then dump the rest of the veggies in and just pulse a few times until the veggies are in bite sized pieces. Then I pour into bowls and sometimes we put them into the microwave for an additional minute.

Super Contributor

Love my Vitamix. I use it every weekday to make a green smoothie for my husband to take to work. It's healthy for him and the Vitamix is super easy to rinse out/keep clean. Other than my Keurig, I don't have another kitchen appliance that gets such regular use. I have also made hummus in it and been very pleased with the results. Expensive, yes but well worth the money and I look at it as a smart investment to encourage healthy eating.

Honored Contributor

I am still using my moms 33 year old Vitamix everyday for my green smoothies and have used it for making peanut butter and grinding up whole grains into flour. Would love a brand new one but this old one is still going. I even have the original cookbook that came with it.

Trusted Contributor

Never make soups, but green smoothies every day! I admit that unless you're really using tough vegetables, daily-you may not need such an expensive machine. I use my food processor for mayonnaise, nut butters, and hummus, as it's easier to clean than the Vitamix. DH wanted to eat more healthier and could never get used to smoothies-no matter how I made them. So, it's not for everyone, as they try to present it.

Trusted Contributor

Is there a Vitamix TSV this month?

Super Contributor

I must say I have never made soup in the Vitamix. I use for smoothies every day, or most every day. You cannot beat the speed of pulverizing that frozen fruit.

New Contributor

I do like many others do and make the soups in the Vitamix but then after they are done I put in some steamed veggies or potatoes or whatever the soup is and just pulse it 2 or 3 times to make them bite sized and then its not a total puree soup any longer