Frequent Contributor

VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH CUSHMAN HONEYBELLS!!!!!

I am SO disappointed.  Florida Honeybells are wonderful and delicious!!  I just received my order this year and they substituted California ones because the Florida ones had not matured in time.  California ones are sour, not sweet.!!!   NO WAY are they the same!!!  They should have let us know ahead of time. 

I had ordered the California ones last year and hated them.  I had to juice them all just to get them down me.  And here I did a double order because I had loved the Florida ones so much. 

SO, SO, SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!  Fortunately I also ordered some Florida ones from another Citrus company and received those a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed them, so at least  I got to have some this year. 

I certainly won't trust QVC to give me the right ones so I will never order them again from QVS!!!!!

Janet in Georgia
Esteemed Contributor

Re: VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH CUSHMAN HONEYBELLS!!!!!

@GeorgiaJanet  That's strange. The presentations I watched specified California. What item number did you order?

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered mine on 12/30/20 for a 1/18/21 shipment and they were definitely Florida ones.  Now all that is available on QVC are the California ones.

Last year I had liked the Florida ones so much  that I ordered some California ones afterwards.  That is when I found out they are nothing alike.  The California ones are very tart and sour so I certainly did not want them to substitute.  I'm not losing any money on them but I was so looking forward to eating the Florida ones again.   

Fortunately I had also ordered some from another citrus company in Florida and received those a few weeks ago so I did get some this year.  They were delicious.  From now on I will order from them and NOT QVC. 

Janet in Georgia
Honored Contributor

I noticed that our Publix (GA) was advertising 'CA honeybells'.

The original FL honeybells sold here are supplied by Hale Groves (dot com), you can order from them directly (that's why no link to their site)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@GeorgiaJanet. If you're unhappy with a food order, all you have to do is call CS and ask for a refund.  Do not return the fruit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GeorgiaJanet 

The original description stated "California" and here in FL I'm yet to find them except last year they had them about 1 week and they came from CA not FL!!!  Haven't seen them since - maybe they've been replaced with the CaraCara which are CA grown.  (I asked our Publix produce manager and he said they are no longer available - maybe just in Publix.)

I know the FL oranges, grapefruits & produce in general are are terrible - UNLESS you go directly to a grower.  There aren't any in my area - although, I'm spoiled by Jersey corn, tomatos and vegetables!  I've yet to find a good tomato!

Plus, another thing QVC nor Mr.  Cushman never discloses Cushman's SOLD to Harry & David almost 10 years ago maybe not their inventory but their name  -- I used to have family who lived near the original Cushman store in West Palm Beach -- long gone as are the orange groves ...

hmmm wonder who is "laughing' all the way to the bank with his bib on...qvc & Mr. Cushman

Want a good orange try the CaraCara or the Lil Cuties they'd be cheaper and better...IMO>>>

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I called and got my money back and I stopped next year's auto-delivery.   So that part is not the problem.  I am just disappointed I won't have the delicious fruit to eat.  I'll end up just juicing all these again to get some nutrients from them, but otherwise they taste awful, way too sour. 

Janet in Georgia
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought some and received them earlier in the month from another grower, Hales, and they were Florida ones, delicious, juicy, and sweet.  I'll buy from them next year, certainly not from Cushman's (Harry and David).    No it did not present as California, it presented as Florida ones.   An insert in the box explained that California ones were substituted. 

It was very false advertising.....I would not have placed the order if they were not presenting them as Florida Honeybells.  Here is how the order showed, as Florida Honeybells: 

Purchased on 5 Easy Pays

Auto-Delivery Plan

Item number:M72041

SH 1/18 Cushman's 10-lb Florida Honeybell Box Auto-Delivery

Janet in Georgia
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I had ordered from Hales and got them earlier in the month and they were very good.  I'll order from them again next year.  I called them today to see if there were any left but they are sold out.  Now I know not to buy them from QVC. 

Janet in Georgia
Contributor

I just received my Florida??? Honeybells and although I haven't eaten any I feel robbed! and cheated! When I first saw the Harry and David shipping box I knew something was wrong. QVC knew they were not going to ship the Florida Honeybells the very first time it was aired. If I don't like them I am going to get my money back. FALSE ADVERTISING!!