Respected Contributor

Re: Unhealthy Stouffers Lasagna

@NickNack   Thanks NickNack for your reply and the information. I was just curious aobu this. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Just what we need food police.

Well we already have grammar police, so why not?  LOL

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

ALL frozen foods are VERY unhealthy!! Just read the ingredients. I never buy them. Rather make my own to eat fresh or freeze myself. 

I'm really not interested in what you do. You are a Type 1 diabetic so your diet is different than most of ours. 

Honored Contributor

One Kansas City Boneless Chicken Breast contains 840 mg of sodium according to its nutritional information here on QVC. There are many high sodium foods for sale here. If you love one of them but want less sodium, cut the portion in half and eat it with something on the side that is very low sodium.

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

ALL frozen foods are VERY unhealthy!! Just read the ingredients. I never buy them. Rather make my own to eat fresh or freeze myself. 

Actually, that is just not true! The only ingredient in frozen fruit and vegetables is...fruit and vegetables!

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

I've always wondered why the processed meals contain so much sodium.  If it is made from scratch at home, I don't think the sodium level is nearly as high.  So why do factories have to use so much?

I buy frozen entrees once in awhile because of convenience.  There are very few that I like.  And that's another thing I've wondered about.  You'd think by now the food industry would have figured out how to prepare good-tasting frozen foods that are more healthy than they presently are.  At least cut back on the sodium and fat.

Maybe some day.....

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I love their mac 'n cheese and also their stuffed bell peppers. But only in moderation.

@SilleeMee 

LOVE!!!

I know I can't copy that sauce, so I don't even try!!!

Stuffed Peppers Family Size Frozen Meal | Official STOUFFER'S®

Honored Contributor

who eats any kind of lasagna because its "healthy?"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

who eats any kind of lasagna because its "healthy?"

We can at least pretend that veggie lasagna is healthy.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Not a huge lasagna fan, but if I can find Stouffer's Noodles Romanoff, I stock up! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield