Regular Contributor

I thought when someone asked about this item being on QVC it was meant to be funny.  Has anyone really looked at the nutritional value of 1 cup?  990 mg of sodium, 65 mg of cholesterol, 26 grams of carbohydrates and 18 grams of fat (1 transfat) doesn't meet my criteria of "healthy".  Did anyone notice that Alberti never took a bite and wasn't very enthusiastic about it either?  I don't buy any Stouffer's frozen foods because of the ingredients and the nutritional information. Bad decision on QVC's part to offer this. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Unhealthy Stouffers Lasagna

Not to mention the fact that it doesn't even taste that good.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Soooo...they shouldnt sell cakes, candy, pastries, cookies, pasta sauces, cheese, etc because they are unhealthy, too? 

I guess QVC will know its a "bad decision" if an item doesnt sell. Not sure, why care, if you dont buy it yourself. Im not buying food online but i dont care if a company wants to sell to people, that is peoples obligation to know and decide for themselves. 

Honored Contributor

I've never thought of Qvc as a 'health-food store'. 

Honored Contributor

97% of all the food on QVC is unhealthy.  Why single out Stouffers?  Although I do think we it's fine to treat ourselves in moderation.  I like Stouffers lasagna and the stuffed shells.  Not as good as my homemade but I don't always feel like cooking.

Honored Contributor

I don't think anyone's lasagna is particularly healthy - all that cheese and pasta... 

But for a once or twice a year indulgence, it's probably alright.

Regular Contributor

You are correct in stating that it's each person's choice to buy what they want.  The nutritional information is not posted for numerous food items and that is why I don't buy food from QVC.  Plus, I feel that the prices are exorbitant.  If you do the math, you can figure out what the price per pound is and can determine the price per ounce.  Of all the products that QVC offers, I still feel this was a poor choice to promote.  Choose your poison, as they say!

Honored Contributor

What bewilders me is every grocery store and Walmart and Costco sells these for less than $15 for a family size and many stores will even bring it to you. What am I missing? I can't wait to read the reviews. 

Honored Contributor

I love their mac 'n cheese and also their stuffed bell peppers. But only in moderation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Whitney400 wrote:

I thought when someone asked about this item being on QVC it was meant to be funny.  Has anyone really looked at the nutritional value of 1 cup?  990 mg of sodium, 65 mg of cholesterol, 26 grams of carbohydrates and 18 grams of fat (1 transfat) doesn't meet my criteria of "healthy".  Did anyone notice that Alberti never took a bite and wasn't very enthusiastic about it either?  I don't buy any Stouffer's frozen foods because of the ingredients and the nutritional information. Bad decision on QVC's part to offer this. 

@Whitney400 

Ooooh, I need to eat that if it is high in sodium.  I have been in the hospital twice recently for hyponatremia and hypovolemia.  I lost 20 pounds each visit.  Now I have to gain some back although I was overweight before.  I best order me some of that.  I have eaten Marie Callendar's vegetable lasagna and I love it.

Incidentally, just FYI, all prepared food is high in sodium and other things that people run away from.  I guess not many are going to live long that are at the frozen prepared food freezers.