Esteemed Contributor

Re: Two questions about these multi-purpose cookers

I use my air fryer about once a week or so, sometimes twice a week. I don't normally use it for prepared foods ... except for tater tots, my husband like tater tots. I use the air fryer for roasting some veggies because it's faster than oven. What I don't like about air fryer is that I can find no way to clean the area by the heating element. The basket cleans easily.

I use my crockpot in spurts for soups, marinara sauce, chili, stews, etc. I also use it to hold temp on meatballs when we have folks over to watch sporting events. It came w/ a small crock that I use for keeping dips hot.

When my current air fryer gives up the ghost, I will probably look at a countertop convection oven that has airfryer capabilities. I think it would come in handy and keep down the temp in kitchen come summer time. I also think it would be easier to clean than air fryer.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I love my crock pot and enjoy that I can get guaranteed results.  I don't fry and the only thing that we would rarely eat is fried okra.  I pass a barbecue shop and can pick that up without investing in an appliance.  I also would rather eat vegetables without the extra calories in breading.

I cook vegetables in my air fryer all the time without breading.  It's a convenient way to roast vegetables or make veggie chips.

Valued Contributor

I have an air fryer that I use quite often.  Also have the Oster french door oven, a crock pot and a CE pressure cooker.  I use all of them.  I have a George Foreman grill that is probably going in my next yard sale because I don't use it at all any more. ( I probably should though)

The most useless appliance I own is the Yo nanas. Hubby wanted it and after we used it a couple of times it took a place of honor in a cabinet! Yard sale for it as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I think air fryers sometimes get a bad rap—they do SO much more than crisp up prepared frozen foods. My air fryer is used most often for steaks, burgers, chops, nice fresh "fries" with various veggies, and simple quick desserts. The results are great and cleanup is minimal. I also enjoy not having to wait for anything to preheat or overheating the kitchen in warm weather.

My air fryer is actually a single unit, not a multipurpose oven as the OP mentioned, but I just wanted to add my general two-cents' worth on this subject as the conversation has headed in this direction.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I have had the TSV Instant Vortex Plus for over 2 years and love it.

I do live alone so I only cook for myself.(Both of my DD's have one and cook for their family of 4) I use it for steaks, pork chops, meat loaves, chicken, veggies, toast, grilled cheese sandwiches and on and on, you get the drift.

I haven't used my oven since I got it.

You can use any cooking vessel that you would use in your regular oven as long as it fits.

My only issue is the noise. It seems to echo in my house but it cooks so quick, I can live with it.

Just my opinion of course.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a multicooker and I love it.  I use it most days.  I wasnt sure about an airfryer so I bought an inexpensive small one and really like it too.  I am considering a larger airfryer one that can cook several things at once.

Both the multicooker and airfryer are an easy, quick clean up.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I have a counter top oven by Breville, that I  use to cook in. My big oven is for storage-- It is my oven and toaster and convection oven --Directions say not to cover the bottom with foil or other non stick thing--the heating elements are on the bottom of mine as the rack is above them --it is not awful to keep clean--much smaller than a big oven. . I have yet to see directions that say not to use a toaster oven. have used it just like a big oven for 5 years now. Also have an airfryer that is very easy to keep clean.

Esteemed Contributor

DHs big Christmas gift was Breville air fryer/ convection oven.  It was pricey but well worth it.

Respected Contributor

Having tried many types, I've concluded you can't get everything you want in one appliance.  Some provide benefits other's don't and some clean up easier.  Some cook faster, some are easier to handle, less clumsy than the others.  Pick your battle, so to speak.  Read reviews and compare, decide what matters most.

My most recent try is the flip-up Ninja which is Great for saving space but awkward to deal with pulling out the hot trays.  The deep-well style which takes up a lot of counter space cooks faster and has a grill. Much easier to use.  I've tried others, too.  Space is most important for me.

If this flip-up version annoys me by burning me or taking too long to cook or other hassle, I'll concede and pull out my faithful deep well Ninja that knows what to do and how to do it.

Respected Contributor

I am most interested in the Breville Joule countertop oven.  It seems to offer the best of the latest in this type of product and having the reliability of the Breville line.  Expensive, though.

If I knew it airfried as fast as my best Ninja . . . .